TrainsAndSirens1
YouTube Username: TrainsAndSirens1

Model 2T Fire/Alert Siren Test, 3 Minute Attack - Union, SC

Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:37 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGfhEpMCiBQ

Shot on August 29, 2015. This is a fire/alert siren test of the Union County fire/alert siren system. This siren is tested every Saturday (except the second Saturday of every month) at 12:00 PM ET. This siren replaced an old Model 2 a few years ago (old siren has finally been recently removed, now the old siren pole remains). I believe this Model 2T was refurbished. I was originally going to record a Model 2 at Southside Fire Department (Union County Fire Station 1200) but I was told it's broken for 10 years. So, since the Model 2 is broken, I got suggested that this Model 2T works. Then I decided to come to this Model 2T for the second attempt to record it since I'm already in Union, SC. Then again it went off! I never knew this siren is dual toned. I never knew it would do attack or a long test. My first attempt to film this siren was on February 21, 2015 (back when the old Model 2 was there) but was a failure. After the failure, I reported the problem to the county fire dispatch. Now this siren was fixed! This siren is located in Monarch Mill (near Union), South Carolina near Monarch Fire Department (Union County Fire Station 800) and an old abandoned factory off of Lockhart Highway (49) and State Road.

Here's a photo of the Model 2T with the old Model 2 before the old Model 2 was removed:

Union County, SC Siren Map:

Location of this siren (bonus that the old Model 2 is still on maps and street view):
Owner of a -130, Modulator 6048, B-Series 1003,1000B, 3016, STH-10B, Little Giant, two 5As, 2, 2T, Model B9, 2 Model Ds, 4 Model As, Faraday Type 2, OC-9, 2 AR Timers, other. Skywarn Spotter.
https://youtube.com/user/TrainsAndSirens1

Return to “Videos and Media”