DJ2226
YouTube Username: DJ2226

Ft. Benning WPS 2909 in Ft. Mitchell, AL /w... Human Error?

Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:04 pm

Saturday was my birthday, so my grandfather decided to take me out to record one of the base's siren. We went to the Uchee Creek Campground and Marina to confirm that this siren was part of Ft. Benning's system. The area is actually open to the public, so anyone who wants to hear or record one of the base's weekly "spectacular" 6 minute long tests can do so without the military ID. It seems that whoever ran the system that day either forgot to run the alert part of the test or somehow ended up not clicking on whatever interface they use to activate them. About 6 minutes after noon they went off out of nowhere in air horn mode and preceded to go into all clear mode. Before the test you can hear Russell County's 130s and Vortex R4s and surprisingly a 2805 and 560 Hz 2810 from Columbus about 7.5 miles away. Columbus's system did the usual voice, alert, wail, and air horn, but the system is still having radio issues causing some of the tones not to go out; in this case they didn't do the post-test voice. This one was incredibly harsh on the ears in air horn mode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuOwUe8UuiE
Proud owner of a Model 1.
DJ2226's YouTube Page

Return to “Videos and Media”