DSRX100
YouTube Username: DSRX100

St. Meinrad, IN, Siren Ambience

Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:44 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUY6cB31ngU

Merry Christmas everyone!

Here is part of the weekly test of Spencer County's pager system, and some of it's warning sirens. Rockport, St. Meinrad, and possibly now even Chrisney test every Tuesday usually between 5:45 and 6PM. The rest of the county tests at a different time. St. Meinrad Archabbey has two sirens very close to each other. On the north side, they have a Model 5 I've recorded before, and on the south side, there is a 3T22; pretty saturated coverage for a seminary school and town the size of 700. After doing a little history, I found out that the sirens were once part of nearby Ferdinand's old system before they were replaced with 2001-SRNs which once ran fast wail. At some point, the town decided to sell their old sirens to St. Meinrad hence why this system has the coverage for a larger town. Once Spring approaches, I plan on nabbing a recording of that roof mounted 3T22 up close. I was going to try the day I recorded this, but it was far too dark and even though there are plenty of lights illuminating the campus, none lit the siren.
-Brandon Mendel
Youtube: DSRX100

Return to “Videos and Media”