DJ2226
YouTube Username: DJ2226

Georgia State Wide Tornado Drill

Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:48 pm

I figured I'd make a post here for videos from yesterday's drill if anyone else had anything to post.

I brought my Model 1 down to Columbus for the drill to sound it off with the system for the 2 minute run of alert. The EMA informed me earlier this year that the county was going to cease the use of the voice during the warnings on the system with the new RTUs due to concerns over people going outside during the warnings to see what the sirens are saying. This new system would also use a polygon based activation. The sirens on the old RTUs would still operate on whatever platform drove them, so they would continue to talk during the warnings and activate when ever the county goes under a warning until they're upgraded later. Interestingly it appears that this new system was setup with the voice as well. It also chops off the wind downs from alert because of what seems to be the sirens getting the tones to make them talk too quickly. You'll hear my grandfather trying to calm my grandma down. It was her first time hearing a siren up close like that, and even though the doors and windows were shut it was still loud enough to rock her a bit. I had my main camera out back recording, but it stopped for some reason. This one from the front yard was better anyway. :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETatXT_dB_g
Proud owner of a Model 1.
DJ2226's YouTube Page

Return to “Videos and Media”