DSRX100
YouTube Username: DSRX100

T-128 in French Lick, IN (with tones)

Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:32 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwaejKAbpUo

I've always wondered which tones set off what in Orange County's system. So, I decided why not settle for the T-128 by the high school again?

If you've seen my more recent videos of their sirens, you'll notice they use a lot of tones to fully activate the system. The DTMF tones activate the county's Whelens). I'm guessing each string is used for each town so, West Baden, Paoli, Orleans, and...a mystery? There's a total of four strings being sent out altogether. It's also possible Paoli's are activated twice. Then we move on to the two-tone pages. The first one sets off French Lick's two T-128s, and the second one sets off Orleans's 2001-SRNB. No cancellation tones are ever broadcast. Usually all the DTMF strings are sent first, but this time they were split for some reason. New procedure maybe?

As always, French Lick's test was a success. The sirens seem to always be tested a little bit late, but I think that's because their clocks are a little behind. Back then, they used to forget a lot, but now I think they have a system in play that reminds them each Friday. Orange county consists of mostly Whelen Hornets and it's likely there's one (or even two) that are yet to be found.
-Brandon Mendel
Youtube: DSRX100

Return to “Videos and Media”