Duderocks5539
YouTube Username: Duderocks5539
Discord: Duderocks5539

Model 120 drill run

Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:22 pm

Here is a video I forgot to post on here a while back ,but this is it running with a drill that got it up to about 2900 rpms and to about 170 Hz. I was also using a small 1 hp blower that only has about 90 cfm that I have blowing through the ports. If you wanna know why I have it blowing into one of the ports ,read the description on the video. But anyways ,Likely aroud christmas time I will get one of the motors ,or even both. Then next year is when I will get the horns and frame assembly made. And the siren will be on a rolling palate and will not be exsposed to the elements and mounted on a 45 foot pole like the ones that were installed within the 10 mile radius of SONGS.

Heres the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Zx1MlCEvho

And do me a favor and subscribe to my channel if you haven't already.
Proud owner of a Federal Sign & Signal Thunderbolt 1000A, Federal Sign & Signal Model L, Darley Model 2-120 and a Model 120 from the San Onofre Nuclear Power Plant.
Model 120 wiki: https://wiki.airraidsirens.net/Model_120

fire_freak_57
YouTube Username: sirenfreak57
Discord: firefreak57#0781

Re: Model 120 drill run

Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:04 am

Duderocks5539 wrote:
And the siren will be on a rolling palate and will not be exsposed to the elements and mounted on a 45 foot pole like the ones that were installed within the 10 mile radius of SONGS.
I’m pretty sure this palate would collapse if a heavy 45 foot pole was on it given the enormity of the weight not to mention the unequal weight distribution. Plus how would you put it in a garage...I’ve never seen a garage at least 45 feet tall besides an aircraft hangar...

And poles are meant to be mounted on concrete or buried in the ground; wooden poles are anchored in the ground by congregate and gravel in some cases and they’re buried many feet underground to make sure the pole isn’t gonna go anywhere.

You can’t just stand a pole up and expect it to stay there by itself; because if it isn’t anchored down (either bolted down to concrete or buried and anchored in the ground) it will fall over and could cause serious property damage, injuries, or of the pole lands on someone they could be killed. That’s just simple physics: laws of motion and Gravity. If any force were to act on that pole and it was not anchored and just propped up, it’s going to fall over. These are extremely heavy pieces of equipment are not not meant to be displayed on a pole. If you want to display it; display just the siren and controls itself. No need for it to be on a pole; too impractical and in the configuration you’ve described it could be dangerous and even deadly.

That’s why I would highly recommend that you do not attempt to put it on a pole of any sort, especially if you have no idea what you’re doing.
sirenfreak57
Owner of a Allertor 125 Control Cabinet, EOWS Driver, and other odds and ends.
My YouTube Channel | Summit County Siren Map | Cuyahoga County Siren Map

Synther
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
YouTube Username: UtahSirens

Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:08 am

I'd suggest just mounting the assembly to a palate, minus the pole.
State of Utah siren map - My channel
STH-10, SD-10, 2 Model 2s

Duderocks5539
YouTube Username: Duderocks5539
Discord: Duderocks5539

Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:17 am

fire_freak_57 wrote:
Duderocks5539 wrote:
And the siren will be on a rolling palate and will not be exsposed to the elements and mounted on a 45 foot pole like the ones that were installed within the 10 mile radius of SONGS.
I’m pretty sure this palate would collapse if a heavy 45 foot pole was on it given the enormity of the weight not to mention the unequal weight distribution. Plus how would you put it in a garage...I’ve never seen a garage at least 45 feet tall besides an aircraft hangar...

And poles are meant to be mounted on concrete or buried in the ground; wooden poles are anchored in the ground by congregate and gravel in some cases and they’re buried many feet underground to make sure the pole isn’t gonna go anywhere.

You can’t just stand a pole up and expect it to stay there by itself; because if it isn’t anchored down (either bolted down to concrete or buried and anchored in the ground) it will fall over and could cause serious property damage, injuries, or of the pole lands on someone they could be killed. That’s just simple physics: laws of motion and Gravity. If any force were to act on that pole and it was not anchored and just propped up, it’s going to fall over. These are extremely heavy pieces of equipment are not not meant to be displayed on a pole. If you want to display it; display just the siren and controls itself. No need for it to be on a pole; too impractical and in the configuration you’ve described it could be dangerous and even deadly.

That’s why I would highly recommend that you do not attempt to put it on a pole of any sort, especially if you have no idea what you’re doing.
NO no no ,your not understanding what I meant. I meant it will not be exsposed to the elements like the ones installed in the 10 mile radius of SONGS that were on 45 foot poles. Of course mine wont be on any pole. It will be on a palate that can roll.
Proud owner of a Federal Sign & Signal Thunderbolt 1000A, Federal Sign & Signal Model L, Darley Model 2-120 and a Model 120 from the San Onofre Nuclear Power Plant.
Model 120 wiki: https://wiki.airraidsirens.net/Model_120

insertusernamehere94

Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:54 am

fire_freak_57 wrote:
Duderocks5539 wrote:

He meant its not going to be on a pole.

fire_freak_57
YouTube Username: sirenfreak57
Discord: firefreak57#0781

Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:29 pm

Duderocks5539 wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:17 am
fire_freak_57 wrote:
Duderocks5539 wrote:

NO no no ,your not understanding what I meant. I meant it will not be exsposed to the elements like the ones installed in the 10 mile radius of SONGS that were on 45 foot poles. Of course mine wont be on any pole. It will be on a palate that can roll.
Oh, my bad. Whoops.
sirenfreak57
Owner of a Allertor 125 Control Cabinet, EOWS Driver, and other odds and ends.
My YouTube Channel | Summit County Siren Map | Cuyahoga County Siren Map

Return to “Videos and Media”