fire_freak_57
YouTube Username: sirenfreak57
Discord: firefreak57#0781

Federal Signal Model 3 (8 Port) | Short Attack | Kidron, OH | 12/24/18

Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:35 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0ilPxLrf-g

Well, this was a surprise (and a treat!)

Video Description (from YouTube); literally just copied and pasted this because I'm lazy...LOL:

This was AWESOME! We went here expecting a short noon blast, and at about 12:15 we weren't expecting this siren to activate at all (it failed to sound at noon). So, we called the Fire Department and they said they'd set it off for us. 5 minutes went by, and still nothing. Then, a firefighter who we'd seen walk into the fire station came out and told us that when the building across the street from this siren was torn down, they had to rewire the whole siren. He said that he would try to push a button on the outside of the station to set it off, otherwise he would have to call somebody to set it off remotely. He pushed the button, and nothing happened. He then got on his cell phone and walked back inside the fire station. We were very discouraged by this point and thought about leaving. But we decided to wait it out for a little longer, and about two minutes later, this already-rare 8 port Model 3 became even more one-of-a-kind by firing up in what we assumed to be a noon blast. We were aghast when it fired up in attack! This siren did 3 cycles of attack before winding down, and it was pretty loud! It doesn't sound that loud in the video due to the wind, (which we couldn't do anything about, so pardon the shakiness) but it was pretty darn loud for such a small siren.

The firefighter told us after the test that this siren used to be used for fire calls many years ago, and while it still does noon blasts, it is hit-or-miss for now activating ever since the fire department had to rewire it after the electrical service from the building across the street was cut when it was demolished in 2017. This had to be one of my favorite tests of all time! Anyways, enjoy the video, and Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
sirenfreak57
Owner of a Allertor 125 Control Cabinet, EOWS Driver, and other odds and ends.
My YouTube Channel | Summit County Siren Map | Cuyahoga County Siren Map

Jake_7367
Discord: Keigo#2002

Re: Federal Signal Model 3 (8 Port) | Short Attack | Kidron, OH | 12/24/18

Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:17 am

Sure has a drawn-out wind up.
I love Yamaha Music Sirens.
Twitter: Yamaha and Matsush¡ta Enthusiast (@Matsush¡taMan) (replace ¡ with i)

Return to “Videos and Media”