bigtuna7O
YouTube Username: Big Tuna

Drone footage I shot of a P-50/T-135 in Richland Hills, TX

Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:38 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJ7DV6ieLvM
Hey all, been awhile since I posted on here.
Here're two videos I shot of an ACA P-50/T-135 in Richland Hills (not to be confused with North Richland Hills), TX, just east of Fort Worth. The first sequence was shot with a Canon Mark II 5d using the built in microphone and the second with a Dji Mavic Drone. I used a Neumann TLM 102 Condenser Microphone for the second recording that was positioned off to the right of the drone's perspective (as the drone doesn't have a mic).
She was LOUD.
I've really enjoyed shooting with the drone. I recently found an old Allertor in Hurst and was thinking I'd hit that up next. Maybe one of the T-Bolts in Ennis. If y'all have any recommendations for drone stuff around DFW lemme know.
Cheers :beers:
My girlfriend does not understand this at all. Actually I really don't either.

Darley Champion
Location: Gouvieux (department of Oise), Hauts-de-France (formerly Picardie)

Re: Drone footage I shot of a P-50/T-135 in Richland Hills, TX

Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:05 pm

Nice, that landscape tho :D the drone view clearly gives a very good idea on how really massive thar thing is. I like it.

[Hey by the way, do y'all mind if I use the thumbnail as my PC's desktop? 'cause it looks very pretty (and because I like a lot the P-50 :mrgreen:)]
19 (and soon to be 20) years old french siren enthusiast, hailing from what was called "Picardy"
[url=http:s//www.steamsignature.com]Image[/url]
This is my official Youtube

siren fan

Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:48 pm

Awesome video man!

bigtuna7O

Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:13 am

Darley Champion wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:05 pm
[Hey by the way, do y'all mind if I use the thumbnail as my PC's desktop? 'cause it looks very pretty (and because I like a lot the P-50 :mrgreen:)]
Sure thing 👍
siren fan wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:48 pm
Awesome video man!
Thanks!

Stag
YouTube Username: Spaghetti Jay

Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:26 am

Fantastic work, the shots are really breath taking and your editing skills are very good too!
sincerely yours, a weird siren obsessed deer 🦌

bigtuna7O

Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:20 am

Thanks!

Jared H
YouTube Username: The Siren Seekers
Discord: shodowhater#1003

Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:44 pm

Nice shots, man!
Be wary with Ennis, I wouldn’t go any time before May or after September. Apparently, according to the fire chief, they “only test during tornado season”. Whatever.
Hurst is a safe bet, they’ve got like seven of those Allertors and a Penetrator and usually go at 1:00 on the dot.
Another good place to hit up would be Corsicana, an hour south of Ennis. They have eight 2t22s (maybe seven by now, one was oofed by a car) and test in attack on the 1st Wednesday at 1 but don’t freak out if they don’t go right on the dot, they’ve been known to go as late as 1:30.
------------------------------
Apparently the chat room is haunted... -VASirens 2015
Friendly Neighborhood Thunderboltologist, if such a thing exists.

bigtuna7O

Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:07 am

Jared H wrote:
Be wary with Ennis, I wouldn’t go any time before May or after September. Apparently, according to the fire chief, they “only test during tornado season”. Whatever.
So, last summer I went out to Ennis to shoot one of their bolts. It was a super abbreviated test, like... just baaaarely longer than a growl. As I was packing up my stuff/questioning my life choices an unmarked police cruiser rolled up and the driver asked if I was filming the siren. We started talking and he turned out to be the city's emergency management chief and oversaw the testing/maintenance of all of Ennis' sirens. He gave me his card, and said if I ever came back I should email him prior and he'd guarantee a full test, weather permitting. He also told me the city has no plans of changing the T-Bolt system up anytime soon, so hooray for that. Anyway, I got Ennis on lock, and anyone that wants to go out there can pm me and I'll shoot that dude an email.
Jared H wrote:
Hurst is a safe bet, they’ve got like seven of those Allertors and a Penetrator and usually go at 1:00 on the dot.
Yeah I had no idea they had ACAs until just recently (I'd just assumed all of DFW had been subsumed by Vortexes, 2001s and 128s (shoulda just checked the dang ol' siren map, whoops)). I haven't seen an Allertor/Penetrator test since Fort Worth re-fabbed their system years and years ago, so that'll be nice. That Penetrator is in a cool spot so I might actually snag it next, thanks for the tip! Do you know if they only test the first Wednesday or every Wednesday?

siren fan

Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:27 am

Most places in north texas test on the first Wednesday of the month at noon or 1 pm.

Jared H
YouTube Username: The Siren Seekers
Discord: shodowhater#1003

Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:18 pm

bigtuna7O wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:07 am
Jared H wrote:
So, last summer I went out to Ennis to shoot one of their bolts. It was a super abbreviated test, like... just baaaarely longer than a growl. As I was packing up my stuff/questioning my life choices an unmarked police cruiser rolled up and the driver asked if I was filming the siren. We started talking and he turned out to be the city's emergency management chief and oversaw the testing/maintenance of all of Ennis' sirens. He gave me his card, and said if I ever came back I should email him prior and he'd guarantee a full test, weather permitting. He also told me the city has no plans of changing the T-Bolt system up anytime soon, so hooray for that. Anyway, I got Ennis on lock, and anyone that wants to go out there can pm me and I'll shoot that dude an email.
Jared H wrote:
Yeah I had no idea they had ACAs until just recently (I'd just assumed all of DFW had been subsumed by Vortexes, 2001s and 128s (shoulda just checked the dang ol' siren map, whoops)). I haven't seen an Allertor/Penetrator test since Fort Worth re-fabbed their system years and years ago, so that'll be nice. That Penetrator is in a cool spot so I might actually snag it next, thanks for the tip! Do you know if they only test the first Wednesday or every Wednesday?
Hurst is every first Wednesday at 1:00.
Every time except one I’ve been to Ennis, they’ve done a full three minutes - the one time they didn’t, it was 12:07 and they went for 30sec.
------------------------------
Apparently the chat room is haunted... -VASirens 2015
Friendly Neighborhood Thunderboltologist, if such a thing exists.

Return to “Videos and Media”