fire_freak_57
YouTube Username: sirenfreak57
Discord: firefreak57#0781

Federal Signal 2001-DC (High Pitched), Full Alert; Ravenna, OH (5/15/19)

Thu May 16, 2019 5:38 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQnHjEh2yoA

Video description:

I settled on this unit, located at the City Park near downtown. It gets to about 6:58 when PD pulls up and a super friendly officer rolls down his window and says, "You here for the siren?" I reply "Yup!", and then this thing fired up for a full alert, and sure was loud! By the looks of the old pole on this one (which has to be the fattest I've ever seen for a 2001), this siren appears to have directly replaced one of Ravenna's old Thunderbolt 1000's which were installed in 1952 for their CD system (probably due to the Ravenna Arsenal, which is still in operation today). They were all replaced by these 2001's in the 1990's.

Not only was the decal on this 2001 practically factory fresh, but this 2001 screams like a -130 as well, which also made a nice touch as this happens to be my favorite pitch on a 2001. All in all, it's great to be back, and I'll see you all after my next siren test, which is scheduled for May 25. This has to be one of (if not my best) siren video thus far on this channel in terms of quality!

Ravenna tests their sirens bi-monthly for three minutes of alert on the First Wednesday of the month at 10 AM and on the Third Wednesday of the Month at 7 PM. Their system is comprised of three (3) third-gen 2001-DC's and one 2001-SRN.
sirenfreak57
Owner of a Allertor 125 Control Cabinet, EOWS Driver, and other odds and ends.
My YouTube Channel | Summit County Siren Map | Cuyahoga County Siren Map

Return to “Videos and Media”