fire_freak_57
YouTube Username: sirenfreak57
Discord: firefreak57#0781

Federal Signal 2001-DC (w/logo); Short Alert and Polling; Sidney, OH (7/3/19)

Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:10 pm

Headed up to Sidney on Saturday to record one of their rare DC’s (I say rare because these are not only in perfect shape, but also all of their DC’s retain the original FS logo on them from the factory, which isn’t too common on older DC’s). Also headed up here since nobody has recorded a siren in their system before.

Luckily I chose the right siren, as 4 out of their 9 sirens failed the test. I’m not sure why the FSK polled 10 times afterward if there’s only 9 sirens, although I’m going to do some looking around and see if I can locate the 10th unit (if they have one). This was my second test I attended now that I’m permanently a resident of SW Ohio.

Overall was a tad bit disappointed that they only do a 20 second Alert for their monthly tests, I was expecting three minutes as most places that test monthly around the Miami Valley do a full cycle, but I was still glad to record one of their rare DC’s.

Their DC’s are all DC-only and the failed units likely have dead batteries, so I’m glad I picked a unit that worked, as the other one I was considering going to had not rotated after I passed it while leaving town to take the hour drive home.

Sidney has a total of 7 DC’s along with at least 2 small logo 2001-SRNB’s (which are the only sirens in the system that have rectifiers on them) which are tested on the 1st Saturday of the month at noon weather permitting for about 20 seconds. I’m not sure if the rest of Shelby County tests at the same time (Sidney is the county seat), as Sidney independently operates their own system. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=473Djbjujbs
sirenfreak57
Owner of a Allertor 125 Control Cabinet, EOWS Driver, and other odds and ends.
My YouTube Channel | Summit County Siren Map | Cuyahoga County Siren Map

Return to “Videos and Media”