Duderocks5539
YouTube Username: Duderocks5539
Discord: Duderocks5539

SONGS Thunderbolt 1003's going off

Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:49 am

For anyone that is not on siren enthusiasts on Facebook, This past Thursday I went to SONGS to film one of their 1003s test. Since I personally know the director of emergency planning their for over 3 years, she told me 2 weeks ago that they'll be testing the 1003s on 12-12-19 at 9:45 AM PST for a plant evacuation drill, she was able to get me on the the plant property up close to the south end 1003, so a huge thanks to her and security guard Ross. Me, Dylan Keville (Casablanca Panama 101), and Ryan Frankel all went to experience our first time hearing a Tbolt at full volume, as well as the only Thunderbolts active in SoCal, as all the others were CD sirens, and most have either been long removed, or standing inactive (Which there are not many). Too bad Edaan unfortunately missed out on this great opportunity, but that's on him. Despite being roughly a 17 second test, It was still fantastic to be able to hear a Thunderbolt a full volume.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKRj-TQpBfk
Proud owner of a Federal Sign & Signal Thunderbolt 1000A, Federal Sign & Signal Model L, Darley Model 2-120 and a Model 120 from the San Onofre Nuclear Power Plant.
Model 120 wiki: https://wiki.airraidsirens.net/Model_120

coastalsyrolover

Re: SONGS Thunderbolt 1003's going off

Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:52 pm

Epiiiiiic!!!! There is a second one yea? Couldn’t hear that one. Are there any active thunderbolts in NorCal? I know there is an STH-10 in college city that still works...
Own and love a Thunderbolt 1000 and a Model 5.

I have many hobbies and interests. And I love them all.

Christian, Lima, Oscah, November, Golf.

Duderocks5539
YouTube Username: Duderocks5539
Discord: Duderocks5539

Re: SONGS Thunderbolt 1003's going off

Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:27 pm

coastalsyrolover wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:52 pm
Epiiiiiic!!!! There is a second one yea? Couldn’t hear that one. Are there any active thunderbolts in NorCal? I know there is an STH-10 in college city that still works...
Yes, but you cant hear it in the video, but my dad took another video from a different location, and you can hear the other one doing Hi Lo. And yeah, I believe there is one or two Bolts in NorCal that are active.
Proud owner of a Federal Sign & Signal Thunderbolt 1000A, Federal Sign & Signal Model L, Darley Model 2-120 and a Model 120 from the San Onofre Nuclear Power Plant.
Model 120 wiki: https://wiki.airraidsirens.net/Model_120

Return to “Videos and Media”