DJ2226
YouTube Username: DJ2226

Head-Level 2001-130/2810, 2909 Ambiance - Columbus, GA

Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:31 am

Here's something a little different from Columbus and easily my most epic video besides the lack of focus... I went downtown to the River Center parking garage a while back and noticed I could see a couple of sirens from the same location. The 2001 is in Phenix City in Russell County, while the 2810 in in Columbus. I now have two cameras to record, so I stuck both on tripods and recorded this interesting duet. The 2001 was recorded with my Canon PowerShot SX540 HS and is 0.65 miles away, and the 2810 was recorded with my older SX510 HS and is 0.25 miles away. The tree caused the 510 to lose its focus on the Whelen, but it was unavoidable since that was really the only spot where the Whelen was visible. The Whelen sirens heard in the beginning are from Ft. Benning from almost 6 miles away. I haven't posted about their system on here in a while, but they've shrunken their scheme from the 20/30/20 second alert with voice to a triple noon blast with voice last year. Shortly afterwards they switched to a single noon blast and voice, basically emulating Russell County's Whelen system as if it had omnidirectional sirens. All three systems test at noon every Saturday except during bad stormy weather or active warnings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQ15RGtDiOs
Proud owner of a Model 1.
DJ2226's YouTube Page

Return to “Videos and Media”