freebrickproductions
YouTube Username: freebrickproductions

8-10-20 Whelen 2809 Siren Alert + Voice (x2) Test, Decatur, AL

Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:41 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jG_XFgK7po8

Got on up and went on out this morning to Decatur to record the TVA/Morgan County/Limestone County siren test today, as a few other enthusiasts in the area were heading over there to record the same test. However, while they all went to a 508 near the Decatur High School, I decided to head out to this Whelen next to CP 12th Avenue on the NS Memphis District East End.

This siren is a bit of an odd one, mostly for its location. Despite this being within the 10 mile EPZ zone of Brownsferry, Morgan County installed this Whelen here which goes off alongside the Brownsferry sirens. In fact, before this siren winds-up and throughout the test, you can hear a nearby Brownsferry 508 siren running a 3 minute alert, with said 508 being located a little over 1,500 feet to my southeast. Not entirely sure why the two sirens are located so close together, but I will admit that was primarily the reason why I chose this Whelen over any other siren in the area. The screens on this guy also hiss quite a bit while he's running, so there's that as well.
This ain't the only Morgan County Whelen Omni in this part of Decatur either, as there's a few other Whelen Omnis located a bit to the northwest of this one in the industry on the NW side of Decatur, I believe mixed in with a few more 508s as well.

Morgan County, AL tests on the second Monday of the month at 9:15 AM, weather permitting.

Morgan County, AL Siren Map:
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid= ... sp=sharing
Collector of railroad crossing equipment, traffic lights, and fans.
I'm 20 years old and a Huntsville, AL native.

Friends don't let friends post videos with tones.

Return to “Videos and Media”