DJ2226
YouTube Username: DJ2226

New 2910 Test With Epic Echo - Fortson, GA 8/24/20

Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:05 pm

Hey everyone. I present to you all the newest siren in the county, officially bring our system back up to 47 sirens. For anyone wondering I decided against recording the siren directly due to there not being a good place to stand with the camera. I'm not too comfortable recording in front of people's homes, especially in more rural areas. I ain't about to get shot by someone thinking I'm trying to commit a home invasion.

This 2910 recently replaced a 2810 that was destroyed by the tornado that came through the area back in March of last year. The storm broke the head off of the pole. Originally the plan by the county was to just replace the head and keep the cabinet, however once the area was inspected the county and vendor discovered that the cabinet was damaged and suffered from water ingress. After over a year the siren was finally replaced within the last month or so.

Since the siren was replaced from head to toe it truly is the newest in the county. It’s also the first siren in the county to sport an ESC-2030, although it seems that whoever installed it never got around to enabling the soft start for the tones. The original 2810 that stood here replaced a Federal Sign and Signal SD-10 that was relocated from another area in the county sometime before 1993.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1-QrzJ9W7M
Proud owner of a Model 1.
DJ2226's YouTube Page

Return to “Videos and Media”