The Siren Board

Discussion of Outdoor Warning Systems
It is currently Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:52 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:34 pm 

YouTube Username: Siren_Psycho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdAMVrSYNo8
Decided to grab an ambience of Silver Eagle Refinery's Eclipse 8 in Woods Cross, UT, and Holly Refinery's Whelen 2810 in Bountiful, UT.. The ambience I got wasn't all that good because of the road noise, but I had no choice but to set up at the train station because of time constraints. Next week i'll probably grab a closer recording of the Eclipse, and the following week will be a closer recording of the Whelen. The Eclipse's test seems rather unorganized, with it randomly switching between attack, alert and fast wail. The Whelen however does a short wail, the fire alarm test message, short wail again, and then does a short hi-lo, the evacuation test message, and a short hi-lo again. The Whelen was probably as quiet if not quitter than the Eclipse, despite it being half the distance. I suspect that's probably due to wind blowing against the Whelen. There are rumors of there being more than one at the refinery, but that has yet to be confirmed.
These sirens test Fridays at Noon, with the Whelen going 2 to 3 minutes early.