Brendan W
Supporter
Supporter
YouTube Username: Brendan Williamson
Discord: Brendan W.#7026

Covington, GA Who-Knows-What test November 17, 2021

Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:32 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWPLhtYdPns

Forgot to post this, because I mostly couldn't be bothered until now. I've heard this is either a Loudoun or a Whelen, but who knows what these stupid things actually are.
24, and not dead yet.
Registered Skywarn spotter as of 4/29/18
Formerly TboltFan[/i]

nvanw27
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
YouTube Username: 301.3 Productions
Discord: nottimwakefield

Re: Covington, GA Who-Knows-What test November 17, 2021

Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:54 pm

I'm inclined to believe that this is a super early Loudoun. The speaker array isn't anything like the WS-1000 series heads, especially with the exposed drivers on the back, and the cabinet matches most of the Loudoun cabinets that are installed on their newer setups, especially around Newton County. However, in the most recent recording of it, it sounds more like a Whelen to me than in the January 2017 recording by PeachtreeSirens. I'm not sure if this is because they didn't send out a bunch of different signals during the test, or if it received an upgrade, but it is definitely not running on the same tone generator or control setup that it was in 2017. The Control housing on the unit is also nothing like a Whelen controller from any point in time. Mount Pleasant, Michigan has a remaining Original Whelen Analog Controller still intact that has two separate compartments the board/radio and the batteries. Newton County's older Loudouns all have the Loudoun Single-Cabinet array. for That combined with the fact that it seems to have gotten an antenna installed on the control box between 2016 and 2019 basically seals the fact that it's been upgraded at some point.
-Nik VW
3.6 roentgen - Not Great, not terrible.

Return to “Videos and Media”