carolinasignalco

Re: Mini/3d Printed sirens

Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:55 pm

this is a good reminder that no mater how good your machine, it is only as good as the (stupid) opperator... this happened because the bowden tube nut was loosened but never tightened again after reassembly.

also I got the giant tube done, now all thats left is to print its hat, and reprint like half the parts because a screwdriver was dropped into the chopper while running and that sent plastic pieces through everything.

Proud owner of the Carolina Signal co, a mini siren manufacturing company.
I dont check my email!! please dont email me about mini sirens. i only respond to pms. (sorry) get used to typos

carolinasignalco

Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:15 pm

40v2t is nearing completion

I dont check my email!! please dont email me about mini sirens. i only respond to pms. (sorry) get used to typos

carolinasignalco

Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:23 pm

hurricane positive displacement blower is finished and mounted to the pole.

carolinasignalco

Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:04 pm

40v2t is complete

championsiren
YouTube Username: Position Light Productions
Discord: Same as my YT #6187

Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:20 pm

That looks great!

carolinasignalco

Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:25 pm

Well boys, being the hillbilly that I am , I aquire a bunch of of junk, free along side the road in the city. anyway i was browsing through the old ARS wiki and saw the model 120. I was thinking this was a fedelcode siren. well i clicked on this and it was a toshiba siren. the boy who wrote that colum of text, man he is minty, and gets my respect. my beat up fingers cant type that much text, and my fat head cant remember all those facts. anyway I read up on this intresting subject and it turns out that that unit was centrifugal supercharged (I spelled that right for once), well i went through my pile and as i say, the road(or dump) will always provide. I found a leafblower with a stuck ring. the piston ring is soaking in some chemical-ring-unsticker (acid) and if I can get that blower going ill have a mint paxton blower. sadly a blower of a jet ski way to expensive (five-hundy beans) and for the chopper motor ill prolly use a new used scooter motor off one of my ezip 125s. the head will be my own design, prolly a 12 port chopper (my motor will turn 2500 or less) with 6 square parabolic (or whatever the heck theyre called) horns spanning 2 horns. this will prolly change but heres a fair warning that im putting off the hurricane (WHAT!!) for another while... if you managed to read all this garbage kudos to you...

LukeH

Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:49 pm

carolinasignalco wrote:
Well boys, being the hillbilly that I am , I aquire a bunch of of junk, free along side the road in the city. anyway i was browsing through the old ARS wiki and saw the model 120. I was thinking this was a fedelcode siren. well i clicked on this and it was a toshiba siren. the boy who wrote that colum of text, man he is minty, and gets my respect. my beat up fingers cant type that much text, and my fat head cant remember all those facts. anyway I read up on this intresting subject and it turns out that that unit was centrifugal supercharged (I spelled that right for once), well i went through my pile and as i say, the road(or dump) will always provide. I found a leafblower with a stuck ring. the piston ring is soaking in some chemical-ring-unsticker (acid) and if I can get that blower going ill have a mint paxton blower. sadly a blower of a jet ski way to expensive (five-hundy beans) and for the chopper motor ill prolly use a new used scooter motor off one of my ezip 125s. the head will be my own design, prolly a 12 port chopper (my motor will turn 2500 or less) with 6 square parabolic (or whatever the heck theyre called) horns spanning 2 horns. this will prolly change but heres a fair warning that im putting off the hurricane (WHAT!!) for another while... if you managed to read all this garbage kudos to you...
This wAs one of the best read I have seen on this board in YEARS.
Resident Historian
Denver Siren Expert
Michigan

carolinasignalco

Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:31 pm

Remingtoncountry wrote:
carolinasignalco wrote:
Well boys, being the hillbilly that I am , I aquire a bunch of of junk, free along side the road in the city

BLAH BLAH BLAH

are you laughing at my comedic skill or me being a hillbilly junk collector lol. I got the blower running. it needs some carb adjustment. i accedently melted the piston out of round and to grind 10 thousthands off of one side. It was hard to get running with out spraying it with crosby sauce, well anyway i was running it and it was dark. and while I was running it I saw a glow comming from the exhaust. well it was so lean that got the pipe red hot. I will do some carb modifying later.
@uncommonsense, please dont get mad at me for talking engines on a siren forum. I can move this thread if you want. it technically is siren related because it is going on a siren.

uncommonsense

Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:21 am

carolinasignalco wrote:
Remingtoncountry wrote:
carolinasignalco wrote:
Well boys, being the hillbilly that I am , I aquire a bunch of of junk, free along side the road in the city

BLAH BLAH BLAH

are you laughing at my comedic skill or me being a hillbilly junk collector lol. I got the blower running. it needs some carb adjustment. i accedently melted the piston out of round and to grind 10 thousthands off of one side. It was hard to get running with out spraying it with crosby sauce, well anyway i was running it and it was dark. and while I was running it I saw a glow comming from the exhaust. well it was so lean that got the pipe red hot. I will do some carb modifying later.
@uncommonsense, please dont get mad at me for talking engines on a siren forum. I can move this thread if you want. it technically is siren related because it is going on a siren.
It’s completely off topic for this thread is what it is.

uncommonsense

uncommonsense wrote:
carolinasignalco wrote:
Remingtoncountry wrote:

[/quote]

It’s completely off topic for this thread is what it is.

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”