Re: ACA Hurricane 130 siren

Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:46 pm

Good luck Snowcube! Be sure to call dibs on it when you find it

Snowcube
YouTube Username: Snowcube
Discord: lumex

Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:51 pm

Just a little update here. I wish I had better news, but it turns out they don't sell anything from the scrapyard and they won't let the public in either. Which is understandable considering liability issues and all that, so I don't think I'm going to go any farther with this. If someone else wants to, be my guest.
I have an unhealthy obsession with mini sirens.
Thingiverse page

OnlineRecords0
Discord: OnlineRecords0

Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:55 pm

Zarlog wrote:
Just a little update here. I wish I had better news, but it turns out they don't sell anything from the scrapyard and they won't let the public in either. Which is understandable considering liability issues and all that, so I don't think I'm going to go any farther with this. If someone else wants to, be my guest.
I was told the same thing.
•OnlineRecords0
occasionally around, who even knows.
8-)

Ohio_Man
YouTube Username: Billstern

Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:58 am

I know they don't sell to the public, but would they be open to selling to a private company? For example, a company studying fiberglass decay?

My neighbor that researches fiberglass decay on a professional scale (IE for a living), and they're looking for old fiberglass stuff all the time to tell how it ages and to learn more about how their manufacturing processes hold up.

I know a lot of scrapyards have arbitrary "we're a private yard" rules that they uphold more than OSHAA rules, but I wonder if they'd do business to business transactions if they won't do a business to consumer transaction.

I wonder if a used siren vendor could buy them. I've seen worse sirens get saved. ( Glendale's bird poop white model 5 springs to mind, as well as most of the now preserved Chrysler sirens.)
21 Y.O. Student welder.

"This is my step van. I never knew my real van."

Snowcube
YouTube Username: Snowcube
Discord: lumex

Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:13 pm

Ohio_Man wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:58 am
I wonder if a used siren vendor could buy them. I've seen worse sirens get saved. ( Glendale's bird poop white model 5 springs to mind, as well as most of the now preserved Chrysler sirens.)
I was wondering about that too. The problem is, I don't know of any used siren vendors in the entire state, let alone near where this is. If anyone knows of any, please let me know!
I have an unhealthy obsession with mini sirens.
Thingiverse page

Avery@205

YouTube Username: Avery Gustafson
Discord: Two-oh-Five#6822

Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:41 am

ObritSeven wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:55 pm
Zarlog wrote:
I was told the same thing.
Can confirm. I called them in July and they said they wouldn't let anyone in the yard. I'm a little sad that we'll probably never know if it's Baxter's Hurricane. I'd still like to think it still exists, and someday, we'll see it again.
Two-Oh-Five, the connoisseur of strange hobbies.

birdiecakes
New User
Discord: 𝐆𝐮𝐦𝐛𝐚𝐥𝐥#2941

Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:22 am

Recent news on the aca hurricane, Uhh its gone. I was messing around on google maps and was happy that i had found the siren but a bit discouraged that i was in a scrapyard i went to a later imagery and saw nothing. Its was all in the same spot but there is no aca hurricane. If any of you want to do research and try and figure out where it has gone, it would be appreciated. I also linked the area that was posted and found the exact place and the pole has a 2001-130 on it and all of the street construction on it has been done. Judging on that it won't be replaced anytime soon. Another thing i found is for the people are confused on what type of hurricane it was, it was a square horned for all that i could find.
hee hoo. even though i have a floppa pfp, i still like sirens.

HX56
YouTube Username: HX56

Fri Dec 25, 2020 5:26 am

birdiecakes wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:22 am
Recent news on the aca hurricane, Uhh its gone. I was messing around on google maps and was happy that i had found the siren but a bit discouraged that i was in a scrapyard i went to a later imagery and saw nothing. Its was all in the same spot but there is no aca hurricane. If any of you want to do research and try and figure out where it has gone, it would be appreciated. I also linked the area that was posted and found the exact place and the pole has a 2001-130 on it and all of the street construction on it has been done. Judging on that it won't be replaced anytime soon. Another thing i found is for the people are confused on what type of hurricane it was, it was a square horned for all that i could find.
Uh oh, you're right, I don't see it.
Siren Enthusiast from Australia since 2012. Designer of the KEYTROL-K4 Siren Controller.

Reactor Cat
YouTube Username: mrmeowmeowclaw

Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:12 pm

I found this forum and i have emailed the recycling company. They said they will try to look for it. I will give you some news if i here back.
I like snowmobiles and sirens. Who likes snowmobiles. I own a Skidoo Safari 447. Rare engine indeed. Want proof. DM me on discord. Contact ReactorCat#1004 :D :)

Reactor Cat
YouTube Username: mrmeowmeowclaw

Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:24 pm

Bad news. I heard back late at night from the other owner. They said they scrapped it as quickly as they could after people were trying to look for it.
I like snowmobiles and sirens. Who likes snowmobiles. I own a Skidoo Safari 447. Rare engine indeed. Want proof. DM me on discord. Contact ReactorCat#1004 :D :)

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”