SuperBanshee

Re: Soundmaster Sirens.

Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:31 pm

NNN/AA
Last edited by SuperBanshee on Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jake_7367
Discord: Keigo#2002

Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:09 am

Valtonus wrote:
Jake_7367 wrote: You forgot the link.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3yGkdIOrTM
It didn't rotate, what a disappointment.
I love Yamaha Music Sirens.
Twitter: Yamaha and Matsush¡ta Enthusiast (@Matsush¡taMan) (replace ¡ with i)

justie1220
YouTube Username: Justin Lynch

Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:26 am

Jake_7367 wrote:
Valtonus wrote:
Jake_7367 wrote: You forgot the link.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3yGkdIOrTM
It didn't rotate, what a disappointment.
i think it was just a slide show
According to my signature ive been 16 years old for the past two years.Apparently i have found the Fountain of Youth :lol:

Apillow

Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:05 am

SuperBanshee wrote:That siren was removed by Nelcom after it had been in service for many years. As with other old sirens that were removed, it was shredded for scrap.

I believe it was located somewhere in Minnesota. It looks like a two signal model with two short horns for moderate sound coverage.
The maximum sound coverage arrangement had a longer horn for the 12 port chopper - this allows the high pitched tone to carry further.

The variety of disc and horn arrangements on Soundmaster's sirens seem redundant, but they did make a difference in distant sound coverage.
Any idea where it could have been? That sounds interesting.

There are 2 Soundmaster 115s in Columbia Heights, Minnesota, but I know we are talking about 125s.

Does anyone have a video of the SoundMaster 115 auxiliary signal? I've looked on youtube and all I can find of it are synths.
Profile picture was done by a player on the robocraft forums. Josh555 edited it to 140 by 140 pixels. Thanks!

SuperBanshee

Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:26 am

Blue Earth, MN was mentioned as a Soundmaster 125 location at some point. There were probably several other locations that have been lost to time.

I don't know of any Soundmaster auxiliary signal recordings. The majority of three signal Soundmasters were usually sold to fire departments who used the auxiliary signal as a firecall. Clinton, WI has a couple three signal 115s that were left over when Rock County bought ASC sirens about a decade ago.

Chicagosiren-hunters
YouTube Username: Midwest Siren Productions
Discord: MegaSparkMach.3

Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:53 am

I remember seeing a Soundmaster 125 mounted on a water tower some where in the ARS, but I do not remember the location.
Proud owner of a Fedelcode Mach. 3 (dual rotor), Model 2, 3 A’s, 2 D’s, J, 76A, Interstate Machines F, Sparton 35, & Darley C987
>>> Track Forward >>>
24, engineer, and has an affinity for old sirens!

SuperBanshee

Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:07 pm

That one was in Gibbon, MN. I believe it's still there, however I don't know if/when it's tested.
The Soundmaster was originally red and was repainted silver when the water tower was repainted.

connerdstines

Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:58 pm

Down to a Thunderbolt chopper, still a few goofy flashlight-siren combos, and a Model L.

Gil
YouTube Username: gilramirez12

Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:31 pm

Excellent write-up! Soundmaster has been a key interest of mine for many years. Haven't talked to Richard Buggs in ages, though. I wonder if he is still around.

Captain Dynamite
Premium Member
Premium Member

Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:14 pm

I enjoyed reading the story of Soundmaster. Such a shame back then that Alerting Communications of America did a bad act to put Soundmaster out of business.

I especially like the 12/8 port Soundmaster mounted on its side in Henry Tennessee like Carter & Gents & Castle Castings sirens! It reminds me so much of them I seeing on YouTube in England. Hard to tell from the photo but either that one was mounted onto a custom stand with the side intake mounts or its got a cradle holding the motor underneath. Is there a video of this side mounted Soundmaster?

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”