nvanw27
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
YouTube Username: 301.3 Productions
Discord: nottimwakefield

Re: UPDATED (SIREN EXISTS): The Whelen WS-2500

Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:07 am

Someone who’s mapped the system can confirm that you are not looking at 2500s. Indian Cave has WS-2020s, and there’s a 3016 out that way too that you were likely looking at.
-Nik VW
3.6 roentgen - Not Great, not terrible.

jacob585
YouTube Username: SouthMissouriSirens
Discord: MidMissouriSirens#9512

Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:13 am

firealarm251 wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:59 am
I was looking along the Z highway since the one old street view outside Dar Pro didn’t reveal anything but power poles and came across this weird looking shadow next to a power pole and I’m not sure what it could be, possibly the siren in question?

Coords: 40.293251, -95.513428
Link: https://www.google.com/maps/place/40.2 ... 3?hl=en-US
Thats it I think
I'm Jacob Ulrich or MidMissouriSirens on youtube.

My Missouri Siren Map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit? ... 57595&z=10

WPS4004Man

Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:32 am

Hmm, looks like a telephone pole to me... I don’t see anything here.
Sentry rules, ATI's are for fools.

Living in Central Ohio, the Whelen capital of the country.

NahIDee
YouTube Username: jcb19 (formerly AGuyNamedJC)
Discord: somebody2950

Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:49 am

I hate to bump this topic, but back in November I took a trip to Indian Cave to go ahead and attempt to identify some of the sirens.

No luck. Most, if not all, of the older sirens have been long since removed and replaced by newer 2900 sirens. As for the two or three supposed WS-2500 locations, I also had no luck. The one over by Highway Z I completely forgot to go look at, the location on the north side of the park isn't even on park grounds (fenced off area, had the no trespassing signs and all), and the supposed one in Brownville is just a 2900.

I have yet to return to the park to do more spotting and identifying, but I fear by the time I do, mostly everything else will be gone. On the bright side, I have my doubts that whatever is on the north side of the park has been removed. I will see if I can bring my drone with me and get some aerial photos of it. But of course, this will be for a later date.

Hopefully I'll be lucky and I can finally get some photo evidence on whatever this thing may be. Wish me luck, I'll keep you all updated on when I go back down to Indian Cave.
Greetings from Saint Paul, Nebraska!

Proud owner of an ACA Alertronic AL-4000, Alertronic AL-6000R, Penetrator-15, Cyclone 120, Type-1 Allertor 125, a Federal Model C, and a Klaxon Mono AH!

NahIDee

Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:24 am

NahIDee wrote:
I hate to bump this topic, but back in November I took a trip to Indian Cave to go ahead and attempt to identify some of the sirens.

No luck. Most, if not all, of the older sirens have been long since removed and replaced by newer 2900 sirens. As for the two or three supposed WS-2500 locations, I also had no luck. The one over by Highway Z I completely forgot to go look at, the location on the north side of the park isn't even on park grounds (fenced off area, had the no trespassing signs and all), and the supposed one in Brownville is just a 2900.

I have yet to return to the park to do more spotting and identifying, but I fear by the time I do, mostly everything else will be gone. On the bright side, I have my doubts that whatever is on the north side of the park has been removed. I will see if I can bring my drone with me and get some aerial photos of it. But of course, this will be for a later date.

Hopefully I'll be lucky and I can finally get some photo evidence on whatever this thing may be. Wish me luck, I'll keep you all updated on when I go back down to Indian Cave.
Well, no luck again. Seems I decided to make a move a bit too late. There's not a single thing left of the old system.

Also, the supposed WS-2500 on Z Highway was just a power transformer.

If there were any WS-2500s installed for the Cooper EPZ, they're certainly gone now.

Proud owner of an ACA Alertronic AL-4000, Alertronic AL-6000R, Penetrator-15, Cyclone 120, Type-1 Allertor 125, a Federal Model C, and a Klaxon Mono AH!

firealarm251

Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:43 am

NahIDee wrote:
NahIDee wrote:

Well, no luck again. Seems I decided to make a move a bit too late. There's not a single thing left of the old system.

If there were any WS-2500s installed for the Cooper EPZ, they're certainly gone now.
Ah I’m glad someone at least got a chance to go hunting in the area. Was wondering if anyone would ever venture out there. Shame no signs of existence but this was the expected outcome I feel.

NahIDee

Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:33 am

NahIDee wrote:
NahIDee wrote:

By the way, here's a picture of that so-called "WS-2500" on Z Highway... :lol:

Daniel B.

YouTube Username: OmahaRG
Discord: OmahaRG#2385

Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:41 am

NahIDee wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:33 am
NahIDee wrote:
NahIDee wrote:

By the way, here's a picture of that so-called "WS-2500" on Z Highway... :lol:
I had a feeling that's what it was going to end up being.
Siren Enthusiast from eastern Nebraska.

Proud owner of a 2000 Dodge Dakota Sport and a Darley STH-10 Housing

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”