model2sk

ATI HPSS16/32 in Hi-Lo

Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:32 pm

I know ATIs have a Hi-Lo tone. There have been a few video’s but there all taken down😭😭 does anyone know where I can find a hi-lo ATI or a video or audio anywhere! Thank you in advance. -Model2sk

DJ2226
YouTube Username: DJ2226

Re: ATI HPSS16/32 in Hi-Lo

Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:04 pm

I know which ones you're talking about. Their hilo signal sounded the same as the one on a typical MC/MCP/UV controller. I think one used the exact same pitches, while the others were slightly higher in pitch. I can't remember which system they were from unfortunately.

Hilo is not a common tone for any system. Besides the ones from the system featured in the videos the only other example I've ever come across of ATI's in hilo is from a video from the Naval Air Station Joint Reserve Base New Orleans system. They used it for a tornado warning. ATI's newer version of the tone resembles ASC's hilo a little. It's a bit higher pitch though. The voice clarity on their sirens is pretty good. They wouldn't be too bad as a dedicated PA system.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqVu5tX93uc
Proud owner of a Model 1.
DJ2226's YouTube Page

Synther
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
YouTube Username: UtahSirens

Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:17 pm

A few years ago, I remember seeing a few videos online of different ATIs in the same system doing hi-lo. I believe they were called "Town Siren Test (insert any single-digit number here)". Pretty sure the videos are gone now though.
State of Utah siren map - My channel
STH-10, SD-10, 2 Model 2s

model2sk

Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:43 pm

DJ2226 wrote:
I know which ones you're talking about. Their hilo signal sounded the same as the one on a typical MC/MCP/UV controller. I think one used the exact same pitches, while the others were slightly higher in pitch. I can't remember which system they were from unfortunately.

Hilo is not a common tone for any system. Besides the ones from the system featured in the videos the only other example I've ever come across of ATI's in hilo is from a video from the Naval Air Station Joint Reserve Base New Orleans system. They used it for a tornado warning. ATI's newer version of the tone resembles ASC's hilo a little. It's a bit higher pitch though. The voice clarity on their sirens is pretty good. They wouldn't be too bad as a dedicated PA system.

Oh my goodness thank you! I was on my iPad for 2 hours looking for those!

model2sk

Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:44 pm

Synther wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:17 pm
A few years ago, I remember seeing a few videos online of different ATIs in the same system doing hi-lo. I believe they were called "Town Siren Test (insert any single-digit number here)". Pretty sure the videos are gone now though.
Oh yes, I believe those were ATIs in Brandon,VT. I looked for those also and never found them.🔍
I didn't know what to look for but I will try to find them.

model2sk

Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:12 pm

DJ2226 wrote:

Also yes, the only other videos I know of are the ones from Brandon, which have been taken down. I tried Wayback machine and it didn’t work. Maybe someone could go find a test and post it. Idk if that will happen soon.

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”