archizackture
YouTube Username: Shako_Lamb

Re: Beaufort county, SC (Hilton Head island) new mystery sirens

Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:31 am

Do other siren manufacturers (ASC, Whelen, etc.) have the same kind of social media presence and friendliness that Sentry does? Sometimes you can find out about upcoming projects that Sentry is behind from their (and Sirens for Cities') social media. It's worth checking if maybe one of the manufacturers has written about the Beaufort County project on their sites. Of course, it wouldn't be until the project is well under way, so it would probably be a while from now.
Architecture preservationist. I enjoy obscure history and mapping things, and grew up around sirens. Not planning to own one.
West Virginia State-wide & Western Maryland Siren Map

DJ2226
YouTube Username: DJ2226

Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:57 pm

It depends on the vendor. I've confirmed that the sirens will be ASC T-135 through a PDF from the county showing their mitigation planning. They were listed as AC/DC sirens, but the sirens are capable of running as DC only from solar power. I just question how well ASC's setup works. The completion deadline is April 2/July 31 next year, so it may be a while before we actually see anything go up. I'm not the biggest fan of ASC, but I like that they are able to break into the market down here a little more.

https://www.bcgov.net/departments/Admin ... 060418.pdf
Proud owner of a Model 1.
DJ2226's YouTube Page

ACAPenetrator50
YouTube Username: ACAPenetrator50

Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:35 pm

DJ2226 wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:57 pm
It depends on the vendor. I've confirmed that the sirens will be ASC T-135 through a PDF from the county showing their mitigation planning. They were listed as AC/DC sirens, but the sirens are capable of running as DC only from solar power. I just question how well ASC's setup works. The completion deadline is April 2/July 31 next year, so it may be a while before we actually see anything go up. I'm not the biggest fan of ASC, but I like that they are able to break into the market down here a little more.

https://www.bcgov.net/departments/Admin ... 060418.pdf
Ahhh that is so exciting! Definitely can't wait to go record those. Hilton Head is one of my favorite places, so that gives me another excuse to head there lol

Tuba

Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:51 pm

Sorry for the bump.

It seems due to COVID, budget cuts have put the plan on hold for now. Very disappointing, but compared to the rest of 2020, it fits in.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.island ... 95741.html
Whelen gang

JasonC
Administrator
Administrator
YouTube Username: Jsncrso

Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:07 pm

Weird, NC coastal counties have copious amounts of cash due to the record breaking 2020 tourist season.

Stormsetter4
YouTube Username: Stormsetter4

Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:51 pm

That news article and vote occurred in April when many municipalities and cities that rely on sales tax/tourism revenue began to crack down on expenses that were not vital due to the fear that revenue would be well below normal this year. It didn't turn out that way in many places but I myself had several projects get cancelled this year due to the same projections.
-Cruz Newberry
Table Rock Alerting Systems, LLC
Emergency Alerting Systems for Communities & Industry

Website

Youtube Channel

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”