Jackson95

GCS Sirens?

Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:40 am

I came across one of these on a siren map and it said it was a GCS. What are these sirens? At first I thought it was some obscurely shrouded darley siren of some sort.
Just your average 14 year old Siren kid from O'Fallon. Living in a town with a mix of sirens.

insertusernamehere94

Re: GCS Sirens?

Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:36 am

Basically second hand Federal sirens. Sacramento had a couple of them in their system.

Star Destroyer

Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:38 pm

insertusernamehere94 wrote:
Basically second hand Federal sirens. Sacramento had a couple of them in their system.
Wait but how is that if Darley was also a second hand federal siren maker for a time?

Darley Champion
Location: Gouvieux (department of Oise), Hauts-de-France (formerly Picardie)

Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:22 pm

Star Destroyer wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:38 pm
insertusernamehere94 wrote:
Wait but how is that if Darley was also a second hand federal siren maker for a time?
W.S. Darley only used the cores (rotor/stator/motor assembly if you want) themselves, they came up with their own housings (IIRC) save for the Champion which has it's own in-house core (the intake being on the bottom, both on the 6-port and 12-port models, the 8-port model having two rotors)
19 (and soon to be 20) years old french siren enthusiast, hailing from what was called "Picardy"
[url=http:s//www.steamsignature.com]Image[/url]
This is my official Youtube

FirenadoEAS
YouTube Username: FireCyclone
Discord: FireCyclone#4350

Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:20 pm

I knew this for a while, but ever since I became a siren enthusiast, I figured out there was a GCS Model 5 in Union Grove where I would go to the county fair. Each day at noon, it would sound a single tone blast for 30 seconds. The siren color is silver, and it is an 8 port. However, the village board tried to replace it with a Federal 2001-SRM, but they decided to keep the GCS Model 5 as it was a village tradition. It now has a timer which signals when to sound the siren.
Your Siren Enthusiast from South Central Wisconsin. Proud owner of siren blueprints.

Ohio_Man
YouTube Username: Billstern

Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:00 am

I hate to bump this thread but I saw one on my way to Philmont scout ranch back in like 2014. I always wondered why that exhaust fan was on a pole. I'll try and remember what town it was in.

It looks just like this one on eBay. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... 1dAixBMSsz

I'd pick up that one if I lived out there and wasn't having enough trouble finding a truck to haul the crane to take care of the M10.

It seems federal was very into rebadging deals.
21 Y.O. Student welder.

"This is my step van. I never knew my real van."

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”