Bassguybill

Re: The HOR Si-Rex S1. What exactly is is it and how rare could it be?

Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:17 pm

Harry O. Ricci WAS the company. Just a guy who did most of the production himself believe it or not. His son Len said he e'en had his own foundry. I consider Sirex pieces of art since they were created by basically one guy. With the The model 50, the only part not made by him was the projection cones. Pretty amazed when I found out. Originally in New York, retired to phnx but came out of retirement when civil defense commander asked him to do alot more siren work in New York so he opened shop in phnx. Would love to see any ID plates from your unit.
Owner of: (Don't ask me why)
A Small demolition 110v siren,
Federal model A 110v,
Federal type 2 240v,
Federal 2001 DC roundback,
and a Harry O. Ricci Model 50 Super Si-Rex 10/10 port Dual Horn 3 phase. :roll:

freebrickproductions
YouTube Username: freebrickproductions

Re: The HOR Si-Rex S1. What exactly is is it and how rare could it be?

Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:16 pm

Bassguybill wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:17 pm
Harry O. Ricci WAS the company. Just a guy who did most of the production himself believe it or not. His son Len said he e'en had his own foundry. I consider Sirex pieces of art since they were created by basically one guy. With the The model 50, the only part not made by him was the projection cones. Pretty amazed when I found out. Originally in New York, retired to phnx but came out of retirement when civil defense commander asked him to do alot more siren work in New York so he opened shop in phnx. Would love to see any ID plates from your unit.
Probably how Phoenix got their HOR sirens.
Collector of railroad crossing equipment, traffic lights, and fans.
I'm 20 years old and a Huntsville, AL native.

Friends don't let friends post videos with tones.

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”