CD_Siren
Discord: cdsiren

Arkansas siren help

Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:25 pm

So recently, I was thinking about some Arkansas sirens, and what could have happend to them. What I am talking about are the former sirens. (Little Rock 2T22s, Conway 1003s, etc)
So my main question is: Does anyone have high quality images of any of these sirens? And where did they go?
I know that the Little Rock 2T22s (might) have been re-located, and there are some images on The Siren Archive.
Still pop on here occasionally, but no longer post.

Catonawavewave

YouTube Username: NaturalStateSirens
Discord: catonawavewave

Re: Arkansas siren help

Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:51 pm

I live fairly close to LR so I've been there multiple times, according to the NLR EMA NLR had their old CD system up till around 2018, then in an Email I was told they were auctioned off. LR on the other hand has had their system of 2800s since the mid 2000s, which they received from a Whelen manufacture under the name Safetycom which actually has an office in LR. Unfortunately I don't know anything about Conway's history besides the STH-10 that is still up.

It's cool to see another enthusiast in Arkansas!
Proud owner of a 1998 ASC RM-130, 1977 3T22A, 1989 Model 2, a couple of SiraTrols, and a two hundred pound vintage cash register.

Proud CB radio "operator"

CD_Siren

Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:02 pm

Catonawavewave wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:51 pm
I live fairly close to LR so I've been there multiple times, according to the NLR EMA NLR had their old CD system up till around 2018, then in an Email I was told they were auctioned off. LR on the other hand has had their system of 2800s since the mid 2000s, which they received from a Whelen manufacture under the name Safetycom which actually has an office in LR. Unfortunately I don't know anything about Conway's history besides the STH-10 that is still up.

It's cool to see another enthusiast in Arkansas!
I hate to say, but Conway's STH-10 got removed about a month ago.

CD_Siren

Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:05 pm

I just found an XT22 on accident. I think this might be part of Russellville's former system.
https://www.google.com/maps/@35.2769699 ... 328!8i1664

Stormsetter4
YouTube Username: Stormsetter4

Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:44 pm

I bought the majority of the old North Little Rock system on govdeals when they auctioned them off. There were 10-15 or so 2T22's and enough parts to make probably 5 or 6 Thunderbolts. A lot of that stuff was in bad shape except for the 2T22's and maybe 2 of the Thunderbolts. Everything I didn't get was given to surrounding towns or scrapped.
-Cruz Newberry
Table Rock Alerting Systems, LLC
Emergency Alerting Systems for Communities & Industry

Website

Youtube Channel

CD_Siren

Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:37 pm

Stormsetter4 wrote:
I bought the majority of the old North Little Rock system on govdeals when they auctioned them off. There were 10-15 or so 2T22's and enough parts to make probably 5 or 6 Thunderbolts. A lot of that stuff was in bad shape except for the 2T22's and maybe 2 of the Thunderbolts. Everything I didn't get was given to surrounding towns or scrapped.
Yep. I already knew that some were given away. I am mainly trying to find out LR's former 2T22s. 2 pictures are seen the The Siren Archive.
What about Conway, AR? I know that they used to have Thunderbolts up until about early 2011.

hobbeekid

Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:51 am

The City of North Little Rock advertised online about 2003 that they were discontinuing their system of 2t22's and thunder bolts,also some thunderbeams iirc and offered them up for sale.I contacted the city mgr and was able to purchase 2 single phase 2t22's with controls for the price of one! they were practically giving them away then. they still reside in my collection today,ones in pieces though. I swapped motors with Arcon for a 3 phase motor. I wanted the higher pitch...

hobbeekid

Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:55 am

Stormsetter4 wrote:
When you bought that equipment did you happen to get any field encoders with the stuff you bought? I had my eye on one of the CNLR's at the time but no $$$ to purchase...

CD_Siren

Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:07 pm

hobbeekid wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:51 am
The City of North Little Rock advertised online about 2003 that they were discontinuing their system of 2t22's and thunder bolts,also some thunderbeams iirc and offered them up for sale.I contacted the city mgr and was able to purchase 2 single phase 2t22's with controls for the price of one! they were practically giving them away then. they still reside in my collection today,ones in pieces though. I swapped motors with Arcon for a 3 phase motor. I wanted the higher pitch...
Little Rock had Thunderbeams?

hobbeekid

Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:14 am

CD_Siren wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:07 pm
Little Rock had Thunderbeams?

I remember seeing a pic of a thunderbeam or two for sale in the paperwork packet they mailed to me back in 03 it's misplaced atm...

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”