agrotred40
YouTube Username: Bigmindcreator

Eastern Tennessee Storm/Tornado Sirens?

Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:57 am

Doing a bit of research, there's seems to be quite of towns throughout eastern Tennessee that have acquired sirens through former systems such as the city of Maryville and more prominently the TVA Watts Bar Nuclear Power Plant. While I'm aware of the WPS-4008 over in Blount County, there seem to be more systems in place in neighboring counties.
The majority of these sirens seem to be STH-10's from the older TVA warning system but all seem to be in place for the purpose of storm(/tornado) warnings.
Using 4J25's maps, and this news article, https://www.wbir.com/article/news/local ... 1-95262346
it's noted that Sweetwater, Vonore, Tellico Plains, and Madisonville own sirens for that purpose. One thing that has become obvious though is that none of these towns really have coordinated testing times, they all test in the first few months of the year, and that each town has been really inconsistent with days of testing.

Another town I really want to mention is Englewood in McMinn County. It also seems to have acquired a tornado siren (if not then possibly a fire siren):https://goo.gl/maps/iHv1LMLGaF9Bq83S6
It's a Whelen just next to their City Hall and I really don't know much outside of that.

Does anyone have any information on other towns or counties outside of Bristol, Monroe County, Blount County, and Hamilton County?
Johnny has three Apples. He gave one away. What is the circumference of the sun?

RS5T
New User
YouTube Username: East Tennessee Rail Videos

Re: Eastern Tennessee Storm/Tornado Sirens?

Wed Dec 21, 2022 1:59 pm

There is 2 sirens in Campbell County. Caryville has a 508 and Jacksboro has a Sentry 20V2T painted blue. There is 25 2001-130s in Sevier County that growl on the first Wednesday as well as the oak ridge system and the modulators at the TVA plants. Also 2 WPS-2810 at tallassee

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”