07VFDInLCD
YouTube Username: Siren Archives

I made an interesting discovery about Ardmore, Oklahoma siren stuff

Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:59 pm

A few days ago, I happened to be travelling with my parents when they were going to bring home some compost. Anyways, boring stuff aside, I happened to glance to the side of the road we were travelling on, and I noticed what looked like a T-128 in a crate, just sitting there in the lot of some building.

I noted the Fire Station 3 that was next to where I saw the T-128, and went to Google Maps to get a closer look. Note that the following street view imagery was taken in November 2018.

Here's that T-128 in a crate that I saw:

Another shot picturing the building:

And then...
Well, I found something unexpected:

Huh? What now? Am I seeing correctly? Just a couple of ASC RM-130s lying there? Now, if I were to say that this wasn't a monumental discovery for me, then I'd be lying. I assumed the old sirens were long sold off to another city or scrapped...little did I know that they were still in the lot of Ardmore Public Works!
I know that Ben Shinn helped install the old system, the RM-130s. He said in an old post that the system before the RM-130s consisted of an early 2001, two Thunderbolts, and 8 2T22s. That was quite interesting information for me, hearing that my city used to have Federal Signal sirens a long time ago.
This kind of raises the question...who installed the T-128s that are in Ardmore? And are there any other siren enthusiasts residing in or near Ardmore, Oklahoma? Looking forward to replies!

HX56
YouTube Username: HX56

Re: I made an interesting discovery about Ardmore, Oklahoma siren stuff

Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:29 am

Wow! Quite interesting, sadly, I have no extra information. Hope we can figure out the rest of the information!
Siren Enthusiast from Australia since 2012. Designer of the KEYTROL-K4 Siren Controller.

siren_face2000

Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:41 am

I don't see any pictures. You might want to reupload them.

07VFDInLCD
YouTube Username: Siren Archives

Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:34 pm

siren_face2000 wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:41 am
I don't see any pictures. You might want to reupload them.
Darn! Okay, I forgot to make those pictures public in Google Photos. Should be good now!

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”