thun_derbolt1000t
YouTube Username: Fire_SirenProductions
Discord: Fire_SirenProductions

Morton Grove Thunderbolt

Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:43 pm

So I decided to make this just to give some info I found on the Morton Grove Thunderbolt. First off it is inactive. Back when Morton Grove still had their old fire station that was next to their police department they had an old Darley Champion siren on a tower on top of the fire station. This siren is what I think the only siren Morton Grove had at the time. Then when Morton Grove built their new fire station and police department the Darley was taken down. Then around 1965 Morton Grove purchased one Thunderbolt 1000t which would be the entire towns system for the next ten to twenty years. Then around the early 2000s Morton Grove purchased their current system which includes five Whelen 4004s one of them being a rare analog one. As of 2020 the Morton Grove Thunderbolt is still standing next to the Morton Grove North Pumping Station until the town decides if they ever want to take it down or use it somewhere else around town.

_________
Owner of a Federal Signal Model 5
Proud owner of a Model 5, D, RX, Simplex 624-181, and a Sterling F2.

HX56
YouTube Username: HX56

Re: Morton Grove Thunderbolt

Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:13 am

Interesting. Keep us updated, I'd like to know what happens to it.
Siren Enthusiast from Australia since 2012. Designer of the KEYTROL-K4 Siren Controller.

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”