Synther
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
YouTube Username: UtahSirens

Arduino AR Timer

Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:57 am

Here's some code I wrote for an arduino AR timer. It features two signals, Alert and Attack. The Alert signal cycles on for 60 seconds, off for 60 seconds, and the Attack signal is 5 seconds on, 5 seconds off. Whichever signal is running, will keep running, until the entire cycle reaches 3 minutes. After that, it will shut off automatically. There is also a growl button that growls the siren for as long as you hold the button, with a minimum time of 200 milliseconds. And of course, there is a cancel button. This cancels any signal that may be running, no matter where in the cycle it is. All of these values are easily changeable, and you should be able to change the signal durations and the attack timing. For this, you will need four buttons, a relay, and three LEDs. I'll have a video of it running when my timer is finished.

The ZIP file download is riiiight here.
State of Utah siren map - My channel
STH-10, SD-10, 2 Model 2s

CanadianTbolt1003
YouTube Username: Sirens & Thunderbolts 1003

Re: Arduino AR Timer

Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:20 am

Nice! I'll look forward to seeing your video of it! Does it use digital pins or analog pins? I would be careful of using digital pins for buttons because the digital pins are very sensitive to electrical noise/energy as I have experienced that when trying to make an Arduino PGA timer for my Model D and whenever I would flip a 120v switch it would trigger the Arduino into a false trigger.
Proud owner of:
• Federal Sign & Signal STH-10
• Non-working Federal Enterprises Model 2
• Sterling 2v8
• '86 Federal Signal Canadian Model 2-3Z
• Federal Sign & Signal Model D

HX56
YouTube Username: HX56

Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:26 am

Wow! That's awesome! How long did it take to make?
Siren Enthusiast from Australia since 2012. Designer of the KEYTROL-K4 Siren Controller.

JasonC
Administrator
Administrator
YouTube Username: Jsncrso

Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:36 am

You should add the fire signals! The old school 3-blast long wail as well as the hi-lo fire signal for the 1003/3T22 solenoids

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”