Pistasanyika2013

YouTube Username: Szarfaszú Pöcegödör

Sacramento Cold War Siren Activated!!!!

Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:53 pm

One of the old Scream Master siren are activated at night: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYSsztWbiEY

HudsonRiverSirens
YouTube Username: HudsonRiverSirens
Discord: gls5768

Re: Sacramento Cold War Siren Activated!!!!

Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:46 pm

That's so exciting! It's super cool to know these still work
Sirens may not be sexy, but they sure work.

ModifiedCyclone125

YouTube Username: Consolidation1282
Discord: Consolidation1282#1282

Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:35 am

Yes, This happened on the 18th which was almost around 2 days ago. The siren started around 11 pm if i recall and lasted for about 30+ minutes, I don't live in Sacramento but i did get this information online and some online friends of mine. The siren shown here is a 9 port variant, which comes from a group of 2 other possible port ratios that the scream-masters might've have, 6/8 port (confirmed) and 8 port (unconfirmed). The siren was possibly activated due to a hotwire, someone setting it off on purpose or something screwy was happening with the recent rain and the age of the control box. I made a little compilation of videos of the 4 only videos (that we only know of for now) which were recorded during the time of the incident including one video of some guy driving over the 59th street railroad crossing and passing the SMUD facility which was where the siren was located, If you want me to share it then I'll try to post a attachment link so you guys can download it. Anyways this is a really cool thing to happen and i seriously hope that the government of Sacramento takes notice of reactivating the sirens for a backup to the mobile, radio and T.V. warning system as they could fail, This also goes to show how longed this siren lasted until being shut off manually with no pitch drops and that it activated with no problems at all for the siren itself at least.
Some guy who is interested in Taiwan's siren system as well for a few others,

Have I heard a siren? Yes, The Darley 3V8 In Columbia, CA Doing a noon blast. Do I own a siren? Sort of, A Vixen Horns Hand Crank Siren.

Xt22

Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:07 pm

Amazing! It still sounds healthy after being dormant for years.
"Hello, I’m Jim Biersach"
-Jim Biersach 1979
Ohio Gang
Go Buckeyes!
Who dey, who dey, who dey think gonna beat dem Bengals?

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”