Vintagecollections
YouTube Username: VintageCollections
Discord: VintageCollections#3197

Re: What is the best way to fix a locked up 3-Phase siren?

Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:36 pm

championsiren wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:29 pm
I'd say yours is from the 1940's because it has Federal Electric internals. You'd have to get the date code off of it for us to conclusively ID it.
You're also in possession of a true Type/Model 3, which is a very rare find indeed!

huh? I don't own a Model 3?!
-Joseph

Proud Owner of an 8 Port GDC Type 7, 1965 FS&S Model 2, MARS Vehicular Siren, a Crusty Federal Enterprises Model A, Part of an Ex. Plymouth, MI Thunderbolt 1000B, Mini 8 Port Fedelcode Type 7, 1974 AR Timer, & Over 400 Antique Fans!

championsiren
YouTube Username: Position Light Productions
Discord: Same as my YT #6187

Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:50 pm

Vintagecollections wrote:
championsiren wrote:
I'd say yours is from the 1940's because it has Federal Electric internals. You'd have to get the date code off of it for us to conclusively ID it.
You're also in possession of a true Type/Model 3, which is a very rare find indeed!

Whoops. I mean Type 5.
Last edited by championsiren on Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chicagosiren-hunters
YouTube Username: Midwest Siren Productions
Discord: MegaSparkMach.3

Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:51 pm

Vintagecollections wrote:
championsiren wrote:

From what I understand, General City Services has a similar deal to that of W.S. Darley, where they used Federal internals for their sirens; this explains how the internals are similar. As far as the actual size, from what's seen the 5HP sirens had a bottom skirt with a larger radius and steeper curve, while the 3HP units had the top and bottom skirts identical. Finally, the "date codes" are unfortunately nonexistent in this time period. We still haven't cracked the serial number code of these early Federal Electric/GCS/etc sirens from my knowledge.
Proud owner of a Fedelcode Mach. 3 (dual rotor), Model 2, 3 A’s, 2 D’s, J, 76A, Interstate Machines F, Sparton 35, & Darley C987
>>> Track Forward >>>
25, engineer, and has an affinity for old sirens!

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”