Ben Cerne
New User
YouTube Username: Ben Cerne

Dane County, Wisconsin old siren system

Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:45 am

This topic is about the old siren system in Dane County, WI. Photos of these sirens can be posted. The attachment photo shows a photo of an EOWS 612 in Waunakee chopped down by either the village of Waunakee or the EMA.
Attachments
IMG_0705.PNG
IMG_0705.PNG (1.31 MiB) Viewed 3154 times

FirenadoEAS
YouTube Username: FireCyclone
Discord: FireCyclone#4350

Re: Dane County, Wisconsin old siren system

Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:56 am

Oh boy, do I remember Dane County’s Old System, Right before it was being replaced. I lived near the 500AT near Kennedy Park, and it was the first siren I heard, and the scariest (cuz 9/12 sirens are extremely creepy). I traveled around the Fish Hatchery Allertor, the Midvale Elementary 3T22, the East High Thunderbolt 1000, and one of Fitchburg’s Thunderbolts. I know a lot about Dane’s Old System, but however, I am trying to figure out what sirens were before the ones listed in 2009-2016 (with a handful of the Old Siren System), like McFarland’s 2001-SRN, and Sun Prairie’s 2001s. The only surviving sirens from the Old Siren System right now is the Cross Plains 3T22, and the Dane County EM Building HOR Super Sirex.
Your Siren Enthusiast from South Central Wisconsin. Proud owner of siren blueprints.

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”