Global Moderator
Global Moderator
YouTube Username: 301.3 Productions
Discord: nottimwakefield

Re: Cincinnati Metropolitan Area Sirens

Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:00 am

maxshaw wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:40 pm
For whatever reason, Clermont's test caught me completely off guard today, so I didn't go to a siren, but I noticed that the Nothin' but Net T-bolt failed to activate... I'm wondering if one of Clermont's zones failed to sound, because I didn't hear the one of the other T-bolt's that I can usually hear from my house either. I was surprised though that I could clearly hear a Banshee that's almost 2.5 miles away! Did anyone else in Clermont have problems?
The roof-mounted P-15 or Werden siren or whatever it is failed to activate... I thought everything was activated on the same "zone", but maybe the FSK didn't go out? One of the roof mounted EOWS*115 prototypes with the SiraTone C/B Controller is still active and Kurt (FireFreak57) got an audio recording of it.
-Nik VW
3.6 roentgen - Not Great, not terrible.

maxshaw

Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:04 am

Yeah, it sounds like several of their sirens failed. I don't know exactly how they activate their system, but it's safe to say that they probably had a radio problem. Someone on youtube said the P-15 in Pierce Twp. also failed.

carexpertandy
YouTube Username: carexpertandy

Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:09 am

carexpertandy wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:13 pm
Clermont County’s sirens accidentally went off last Wednesday, October 24.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.wlwt.com ... r/24168952

Here’s a brief article about the reason being unknown. I had no idea Mobilcomm is currently their contractor of choice. The article even mentions the ASC CompuLert system.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cincin ... 1844606002
I shared these links about Clermont County back in November 2018.
Resident of a county with big a mixture of sirens, but in the process of being replaced. :(

fire_freak_57
YouTube Username: sirenfreak57
Discord: firefreak57#0781

Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:14 pm

nvanw27 wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:00 am

The roof-mounted P-15 or Werden siren or whatever it is failed to activate... I thought everything was activated on the same "zone", but maybe the FSK didn't go out? One of the roof mounted EOWS*115 prototypes with the SiraTone C/B Controller is still active and Kurt (FireFreak57) got an audio recording of it.
Who found out the New Richmond P-127 failed?

Yes, Pierce Township siren PT-10 off of E. Concord Rd. (P-15) also failed the test yesterday. I could not hear the P-15 from Withamsville (the one off of Ohio Pike) but that may have just been because I might have been out of range from it or just didn’t hear it over the other sirens.

I did hear the grey P-15/P-127 thing off of Locust Corner Rd by a subdivision from where I was at though (I think that was the 8 port siren I was hearing anyways).

Sounds like all the sirens around Batavia went off too, someone said the Allertor worked. Hopefully when I’m back out that way in March the siren I go to then will work correctly.
sirenfreak57
Owner of a Allertor 125 Control Cabinet, EOWS Driver, and other odds and ends.
My YouTube Channel | Summit County Siren Map | Cuyahoga County Siren Map

4J25
YouTube Username: 4j25

Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:13 am

The 8-port siren we were hearing was probably Mt. Pisgah's P-127. I believe I also heard the T-128 to the southeast on Fair Oak Road.

Pretty sure the radio simply didn't receive the activation tones on the Concord Road siren.
Christian Bricking, living in the Cincinnati Metropolitan Area.
Owner of a WPS-2804, Model L, and B9.
Certified Skywarn spotter since April 5, 2016.

nvanw27
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:57 pm

Where is the siren on Locust Corner Road? I have a Thunderbolt marked just off of it on the end closest to Cincinnati, but where’s this P-15/127?

Also, I don’t know if anyone has shared this yet, but Glist and Jeremy found a 4/5 C-Series bolt in Clermont County.
-Nik VW

fire_freak_57
YouTube Username: sirenfreak57
Discord: firefreak57#0781

Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:09 am

4J25 wrote:
The 8-port siren we were hearing was probably Mt. Pisgah's P-127. I believe I also heard the T-128 to the southeast on Fair Oak Road.

Pretty sure the radio simply didn't receive the activation tones on the Concord Road siren.
That P-127 would probably be the grey one off Locust Corner, I think Mt. Pisgah is way too far off from where we were located. I’ll try and confirm that in March when I’m down in the area again, either at one of the 4/5’s, the Banshee/P-15 or getting video of the 1212. I’ll likely attempt the other P-15/P-127 thing later, probably in the summer when I’m not busy with work or school.
sirenfreak57
Owner of a Allertor 125 Control Cabinet, EOWS Driver, and other odds and ends.
My YouTube Channel | Summit County Siren Map | Cuyahoga County Siren Map

nvanw27
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:16 pm

fire_freak_57 wrote:
4J25 wrote:

That P-127 would probably be the grey one off Locust Corner, I think Mt. Pisgah is way too far off from where we were located. I’ll try and confirm that in March when I’m down in the area again, either at one of the 4/5’s, the Banshee/P-15 or getting video of the 1212. I’ll likely attempt the other P-15/P-127 thing later, probably in the summer when I’m not busy with work or school.
Could I have an address or coords for the Locust Corner siren? I've scoured the area and only have a bolt.
I have a map of the county, I meant to share it with Firefreak earlier this week but totally forgot.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1uO-Nd ... sp=sharing
-Nik VW

maxshaw

Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:52 pm

I was working on my Clermont siren map and noticed that the water tower in Bethel has been taken down, with no trace of the Model 5 that was on it... does anyone know anything about it?

4J25
YouTube Username: 4j25

Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:10 am

fire_freak_57 wrote:
4J25 wrote:

Mt. Pisgah's P-127 is actually about a mile and a quarter closer to where we were than Locust Corner. My guess is that the Locust Corner siren is dual tone given the cone, and it's likely just a P-10/15 that Mr. Werden refurbished.
Christian Bricking, living in the Cincinnati Metropolitan Area.
Owner of a WPS-2804, Model L, and B9.
Certified Skywarn spotter since April 5, 2016.

Return to “Community Systems”