Im a Siren Addict3
YouTube Username: compgb

Re: Siren Manuals

Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:21 pm

The greater the power, the more dangerous the abuse.
Edmund Burke

Android
New User

Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:39 pm

Hi! Andy, from West Shore Services here, looking for a manual for the ASC P-15, does anyone have one? I'm helping a non-profit get theirs going. I have many old FS and Whelen manuals, which I will scan once I get my scanner hooked up and find time to do it. Thanks!

Im a Siren Addict3
YouTube Username: compgb

Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:55 pm

The greater the power, the more dangerous the abuse.
Edmund Burke

Stormsetter4
YouTube Username: Stormsetter4

Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:33 pm

Android wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:39 pm
Hi! Andy, from West Shore Services here, looking for a manual for the ASC P-15, does anyone have one? I'm helping a non-profit get theirs going. I have many old FS and Whelen manuals, which I will scan once I get my scanner hooked up and find time to do it. Thanks!
If you are referring to the Geek Group, their siren is actually an ASC RM-130 or an ACA PN-20, exact same siren, just changed names over the years. ACA's manuals aren't known for being the most helpful, but luckily the RM-130/PN-20 is a pretty straightforward design, very similar to the P-10/P-15 siren series. The RM-130/PN-20 is designed to run on 72VDC, which utilizes 6 12v deep cycle batteries to operate the siren. Rotation is achieved by a gearbox that is coupled to the back of the siren motor. The gearbox is coupled to a shaft with a sprocket that drives a chain around a large toothless sprocket (for high wind slippage). I'm not 100% sure how many amps the siren draws when running, but I'd imagine that it's in the ballpark of 60-100 amps. Other than that, hooking the siren up is pretty straightforward, but make sure that once the siren's all wired up that the siren rotates counter-clockwise, as the arrow on this siren indicates:

If it's rotating the opposite direction, it reduces the sound output of it's original rated output of 130dB. To correct this, simply reverse the positive and negative leads to the motor.

Hope this helps, feel free to ask any more questions.
-Cruz Newberry
Table Rock Alerting Systems, LLC
Emergency Alerting Systems for Communities & Industry

Website

Youtube Channel

Alertronic6000

Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:57 am

Looking for the ACA Allertronic 6000 (RE-1600) manual. :D

NahIDee
YouTube Username: jcb19 (formerly AGuyNamedJC)
Discord: somebody2950

Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:06 pm

Looking for an ACA Sentry 95 manual and maybe an advertisement for it also.
Greetings from Saint Paul, Nebraska!

Proud owner of an ACA Alertronic AL-4000, Alertronic AL-6000R, Penetrator-15, Cyclone 120, Type-1 Allertor 125, a Federal Model C, and a Klaxon Mono AH!

Chicagosiren-hunters
YouTube Username: Midwest Siren Productions
Discord: MegaSparkMach.3

Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:22 pm

As far as I'm concerned, there is no known manual for the sentry 95, but the only advertisement with one seen can be seen below:
Attachments
ACA Brouchure.jpg
ACA Brouchure.jpg (16.44 KiB) Viewed 15640 times
Proud owner of a Fedelcode Mach. 3 (dual rotor), Model 2, 3 A’s, 2 D’s, J, 76A, Interstate Machines F, Sparton 35, & Darley C987
>>> Track Forward >>>
24, engineer, and has an affinity for old sirens!

NahIDee
YouTube Username: jcb19 (formerly AGuyNamedJC)
Discord: somebody2950

Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:27 am

Found this:
Last edited by NahIDee on Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greetings from Saint Paul, Nebraska!

Proud owner of an ACA Alertronic AL-4000, Alertronic AL-6000R, Penetrator-15, Cyclone 120, Type-1 Allertor 125, a Federal Model C, and a Klaxon Mono AH!

FSThunderboltfan1000
Supporter
Supporter
YouTube Username: FSThunderboltfan1000

Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:39 pm

nahIDee wrote:
I found this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHutU9suZmc
Here is some history behind the Sentry 95 siren. The siren was not an ACA made product it was a part of a deal Klaxon Signals of England and Alerting Communicators of America had. ACA was to sell the re-branded Klaxon siren the Sentry 95 industrial siren here in the US and intern Klaxon would sell (be a dealer for ACA) sirens in Europe and the Middle East. Your best bet is to try and see if you can figure out what model number the Klaxon siren is and see if you can use the Klaxon siren manuals. As for ones being in existence it would be hard to tell because it is not an outdoor warning siren it is an industrial siren so you would probably not see one unless you go to some factory and they have one by some stroke of luck. We can also see this in the 80's with the last ACA Full siren brochure featuring the Alertronic-5000 and P-50 Ect. if you look in the bottom left hand corner you can see the newer Klaxon industrial sirens they were selling at the time only this time they were not re-branded they just imported and dealt them just like they did earlier with the Sentry 95 siren. Now with this being said maybe we can put this whole "ACA Made the Sentry 95 Siren" talk to rest..

Last edited by FSThunderboltfan1000 on Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud owner of rcm1, model 2,2T,Model A, Thunderbolt 1003, AF timer, FS SS1000, 500SHST
Wisconsin siren services
https://www.swssirens.com

Chem_Boffin_6589
YouTube Username: Alfie Woolard
Discord: Alfie

Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:15 pm

FSThunderboltfan1000 wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:39 pm
nahIDee wrote:
I found this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHutU9suZmc
Here is some history behind the Sentry 95 siren. The siren was not an ACA made product it was a part of a deal Klaxon Signals of England and Alerting Communicators of America had. ACA was to sell the re-branded siren the Sentry 95 industrial siren here in the US and intern Klaxon would sell (be a dealer for ACA) sirens in Europe and the Middle East. Your best bet is to try and see if you can figure out what model number the Klaxon siren is and see if you can use the Klaxon siren manuals. As for ones being in existence it would be hard to tell because it is not an outdoor warning siren it is an industrial siren so you would probably not see one unless you go to some factory and they have one by some stroke of luck. We can also see this in the 80's with the last ACA Full siren brochure featuring the Alertronic-5000 and P-50 Etc. if you look in the bottom left hand corner you can see the newer Klaxon industrial sirens they were selling at the time only this time they were not re-branded they just imported and dealt them just like they did earlier with the Sentry 95 siren. Now with this being said maybe we can put this whole "ACA Made the Sentry 95 Siren" talk to rest..
The closest thing that we have to the 95 is the Klaxon S04. Not being sold in that many places, but new they demand ~£400, and that's without VAT and shipping.
Alfie Woolard
Federal Signal MC know-it-all.
Installed, initiated and maintains school campus warning system.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtGVVz ... 8BQ47VmdHg

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”