The Siren Board

Discussion of Outdoor Warning Systems
It is currently Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:45 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:13 am 
New User

YouTube Username: Simplexpulls3
Just wondering, Does anybody have video proof of the Arden fair Thunderbolt 1003? From what I know so far Sacramento's system was shut off for good(correct me if i'm wrong)and that there was a video of the siren going off but from a comment I got on one of my yt videos it said that the video was "long gone". If anybody has anymore information on Sacramento's siren system and/or videos, please feel free to post them. Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:54 pm 

YouTube Username: SuperSirex127
Discord: SuperSirex127
As far as i know, the only recording of a Sacramento siren is when Carson McGee got that news station to set off the rotational Bullard downtown

Proud owner of a USI Siren, a Sireno Type 5, A Partrick & Wilkins Model 870, Federal Enterprises Model L, Federal Electric Model A, and a 16 port Sterling M-10 rotor. Living in hometown of the only active HOR Super Sirex No 15.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:59 pm 

YouTube Username: carexpertandy
Somewhere, there was once a news story of one of their HORs malfunctioning and going off for hours about 10 years ago. Not sure where it is now.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:17 am 
New User

YouTube Username: Simplexpulls3
carexpertandy wrote: *
Somewhere, there was once a news story of one of their HORs malfunctioning and going off for hours about 10 years ago. Not sure where it is now.
Interesting, I only have one HOR super sirex (that I know about) close to me. It's painted blue along with a cellphone tower that it's mounted on. I Don't know what port ratio it is.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:42 pm 

YouTube Username: carexpertandy
Simplexpulls3 wrote: *
Interesting, I only have one HOR super sirex (that I know about) close to me. It's painted blue along with a cellphone tower that it's mounted on. I Don't know what port ratio it is.
Not a Super Sirex, but one of those sirens that made up the majority of Sacramento’s system, which were HORs to my understanding.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:35 pm 

YouTube Username: Valra Bellkeys
Discord: Valra Bellkeys#4016
Simplexpulls3 wrote: *
Not a Super Sirex, but one of those sirens that made up the majority of Sacramento’s system, which were HORs to my understanding.
The sirens that made up much of their system were actually Scream-Master sirens.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:52 am 

Lol I didnt know there were still people who thought Scream Masters were HORs or Decots.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:20 am 

YouTube Username: FishEye A
Since there is a lot of Confusion, I live in the city next to Sacramento. I made a map of the entire systems including the 2 Thunderbolts, Scream Masters, Model 5/7s, Super Sirex, and the Bullard. Check it out here: https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mi ... sp=sharing

The entire System WAS shut down in 2013. As in, the Arden Fair 1003 rotated between 2012 and 2013.

The Arden Fair 1003 is still in fact there, I went to check up on it the other day. The thing about this siren is it is missing a blower. So it can only be heard a little ways away. The Thunderbolt 1000 at SUMP-46, the Super Sirex, and the Bullard have been inactive for god knows how long, I estimate the mid to late 80s (They were not active when the rest were)

All sirens have what looks to be an FC controller, but Tyler pointed out none of the controllers have the black handle commonly on FC's. All sirens have them, including the thunderbolts (The RCM and RCM3 on the 1003 are cut from power, but the FC is powered, same goes for the 1000)

I hope this clears up confusion about the Sacramento, CA siren system.

BTW: Nobody recorded the Sacramento System, unless they kept it private. I've been searching for well over 2 years for a single video of the system. None exist so far.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:32 am 

YouTube Username: NASirenProductions
Discord: Nik
I don't know if you've seen this, but a siren enthusiast on this board (Valtaunous or however the heck you spell it) managed to get the Bullard to sound off a few months back.

https://www.facebook.com/ABC10tv/videos ... =permalink

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:56 am 

YouTube Username: FishEye A
Phone Goat wrote: *
I don't know if you've seen this, but a siren enthusiast on this board (Valtaunous or however the heck you spell it) managed to get the Bullard to sound off a few months back.

https://www.facebook.com/ABC10tv/videos ... =permalink
I've seen it. That is the only instance of any of the Sirens (Specifically the older ones, not the Scream Masters) going off since the 80s