Greenfield1003
YouTube Username: Indy Metro Sirens

Marian University (Indianapolis) Siren System.

Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:29 pm

Does anyone have any info on Marian University's (in Indianapolis) siren system? I know that on the map of Indianapolis's original siren system there is a Sentry 3v8 (or 5v, forget which one) marked as part of their system. I did some research on Marian University's webpage and it looks as if the siren is sounded off in Attack for tornado warnings and active shooters, and the all clear is 3 short blasts. Because Indy does 3 minute Alert that would mean that the sirens are run off of separate systems. The website did not say when the sirens at Marian are tested though, so if anybody could tell me that would be very much appreciated
YouTube: Indy Metro Sirens
Facebook: Elizabeth Ogorek
Instagram: indy.sirens_weather_trains

cmoore

Re: Marian University (Indianapolis) Siren System.

Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:40 pm

I know this is super late but they removed both sirens from the campus. There was one on top of one of the dorm halls at the north end of campus a couple years ago but it’s gone as well
Naptown Sirens

creeperfan12

Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:55 pm

cmoore wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:40 pm
I know this is super late but they removed both sirens from the campus. There was one on top of one of the dorm halls at the north end of campus a couple years ago but it’s gone as well
I went past there about a week ago and I noticed the 3v8 is in fact gone but the 5V that’s there is still there but it’s hidden behind the new building right next to it. Still don’t know if they test them with Indianapolis sirens but there are speakers where the 3v8 was. But anyways if anyone knows when they test and if that 5v still works let me know! If not I’ll go on a first Friday and check and see if it goes off if the weather is clear

cmoore

Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:21 am

I’ll have to look for it. Idk if they test it with the Indy system but a long time ago I heard them go off during tornado warnings, even with the new system.
Naptown Sirens

Return to “Community Systems”