JonTishBass
YouTube Username: JW Tish

Re: Franklin County, Ohio Siren Discussion

Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:53 pm

WPS4004Man wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:01 am
If anyone is aware of the 4004 near the intersection of McKinley and Trabue Roads near Hilliard, this siren recently got moved about 800 feet north of its old location, to make room for new apartments. Also probably because it was really close to the apartments there already. I went by there the other day and the dirt looked like it had been dug up recently, maybe within the past month. I'm not sure about what controller it had previously, or now, but they like to update controllers so it's probably a 2030 by now.
Do you have any pics of the controller?
Jon Tish
Train & Siren Enthusiast From Groveport, OH
Whelen Siren Enthusiast
Columbus Area Railfan

Fletch

Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:28 am

WPS4004Man wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:01 am
If anyone is aware of the 4004 near the intersection of McKinley and Trabue Roads near Hilliard, this siren recently got moved about 800 feet north of its old location, to make room for new apartments. Also probably because it was really close to the apartments there already. I went by there the other day and the dirt looked like it had been dug up recently, maybe within the past month. I'm not sure about what controller it had previously, or now, but they like to update controllers so it's probably a 2030 by now.
Yep, I discovered that last fall.

WPS4004Man

Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:26 am

It won’t let me upload it since it thinks it’s too large (even though I’ve uploaded the same size files before) but I wasn’t able to get close to the siren, so I don’t think you can really tell what cabinet it has, if you’re even able to tell by looking.
Sentry rules, ATI's are for fools.

Living in Central Ohio, the Whelen capital of the country.

JonTishBass

Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:43 pm

Now, a more serious topic. Is the Ohio Statewide Tornado Drill going to happen this year? I haven't seen anything about it being cancelled, but I'm still not 100% sure about it happening.
Jon Tish
Whelen Siren Enthusiast
Columbus Area Railfan

WPS4004Man

Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:29 pm

https://weathersafety.ohio.gov/

It should be happening. That being said, the pandemic has cancelled things like this in the past, so don't be surprised if it's cancelled or postponed.

Anyways, I came on here because I was looking at a recording of mine from 2 weeks ago, and the wind must have been blowing in just the right way, where I could hear Dublin's system very well. After the last voice message, I heard the sirens go off in Airhorn for a second before shutting off and doing their normal DTMF dials. Can anyone confirm this, and if so is this a normal thing for Dublin to do, or just a fluke?

Tuba

Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:05 am

WPS4004Man wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:29 pm

Anyways, I came on here because I was looking at a recording of mine from 2 weeks ago, and the wind must have been blowing in just the right way, where I could hear Dublin's system very well. After the last voice message, I heard the sirens go off in Airhorn for a second before shutting off and doing their normal DTMF dials. Can anyone confirm this, and if so is this a normal thing for Dublin to do, or just a fluke?
Can’t confirm it happened, but they did (presumably) accidentally fire up air horn during a tornado warning last year. Perhaps could you somehow publish it?

Also, that would be the 24th of February, correct? Because I also coincidentally recorded that day and heard nothing. There is a voice segment that contains what sounds like a mic or something being put down at the end, maybe that’s what you’re thinking of?
Whelen gang

WPS4004Man

Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:55 am

I’ll try to publish it if I can, perhaps it’s time I get a YouTube channel, like a large amount of people on here have. But I’ve had issues with files in the past so I can’t promise anything.

SirensOfAustralia
YouTube Username: SirensAndTrainsDownUnder

Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:02 am

How many Analog 3016s are left in Franklin County?
A siren enthusiast down under. :)

Proud owner of a Skil Sher Wailing Joe & Alarm Master!

nvanw27
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
YouTube Username: 301.3 Productions
Discord: nottimwakefield

Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:17 pm

I believe none, all the analogs are now on 4004 heads or have been replaced entirely. There are around 4-5 analogs left if I recall correctly. I should be filming one of them this summer.
-Nik VW
3.6 roentgen - Not Great, not terrible.

JonTishBass

Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:29 pm

nvanw27 wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:17 pm
I believe none, all the analogs are now on 4004 heads or have been replaced entirely. There are around 4-5 analogs left if I recall correctly. I should be filming one of them this summer.
There are actually quite a few more analog 4004's than that. There are 2 analogs in Canal Winchester, 2 in Reynoldsburg, possibly 3 in Westerville, 1 at McCoy Park, 1 in New Albany, and possibly a few on the West Side of Columbus. As for the 3000's, I don't know if any of them are still analog in Columbus. Last one to go was possibly the Minerva Park's
Jon Tish
Whelen Siren Enthusiast
Columbus Area Railfan

Return to “Community Systems”