CincyTboltman
YouTube Username: W202fan

Re: Cincinnati Metropolitan Area Sirens

Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:19 pm

The 508 on University Boulevard in Hamilton is back up and running. It seems there was an issue with the radio. The siren was tilted forward quite a bit before they fixed it. Hopefully I can get a recording of it next month or the old HOR on the city building.
Siren enthusiast, gamer, car enthusiast.

CincyTboltman
YouTube Username: W202fan

Tue May 04, 2021 2:21 am

So this is cool. I was browsing the Mason neighborhood group on Facebook and came across this photo. This was an STH-10 located on top of the old Mason Fire Department in downtown Mason. From what I've heard, it was removed before Mason's 2001's were installed. It was presumably scrapped, as no parts of it have been found.

I knew that Mason once had an STH-10 and Thunderbolt, but I never knew their former locations until now.
Attachments
FB_IMG_1579614405129.jpg
FB_IMG_1579614405129.jpg (57.61 KiB) Viewed 2774 times
Siren enthusiast, gamer, car enthusiast.

carexpertandy
YouTube Username: carexpertandy

Thu May 27, 2021 11:19 am

This was the strangest thing this morning. While I was driving to work, I noticed that the T-128 at Sycamore Junior High was gone. Could it have been moved to a different location I wonder? It was VERY close to the top of those bleachers.
Resident of a county with big a mixture of sirens, but in the process of being replaced. :(

carexpertandy

Thu May 27, 2021 8:31 pm

Well, it's not "gone." :lol: After work, I went out of my way to investigate this further. As it turns out, it has been moved next to the Maintenance Facilities & Grounds building next to the school bus parking lot. There is apparently construction going on right next to the stadium. Building a new school possibly?

Imagesycamore t128 by carexpertandy, on Flickr
Resident of a county with big a mixture of sirens, but in the process of being replaced. :(

maxshaw

Thu May 27, 2021 8:48 pm

Honestly am surprised that it would be located so close to the bleachers in the first place. I guess they wanted to make sure everyone knew if there was a tornado warning during a football game!

nvanw27
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
YouTube Username: 301.3 Productions
Discord: nottimwakefield

Fri May 28, 2021 12:04 am

carexpertandy wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 8:31 pm
Well, it's not "gone." :lol: After work, I went out of my way to investigate this further. As it turns out, it has been moved next to the Maintenance Facilities & Grounds building next to the school bus parking lot. There is apparently construction going on right next to the stadium. Building a new school possibly?

Imagesycamore t128 by carexpertandy, on Flickr
Wow, the way that box is facing the building makes it look nearly impossible to maintain.
-Nik VW
3.6 roentgen - Not Great, not terrible.

carexpertandy

Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:40 pm

Hamilton County has postponed their test until next Wednesday with the heavy rain today. Like usual, it will just be a growl test.

JPPow357
YouTube Username: koisignals

Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:30 pm

carexpertandy wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:40 pm
Hamilton County has postponed their test until next Wednesday with the heavy rain today. Like usual, it will just be a growl test.
Earlier today I got a 2001-SRN in Covington KY, and now I'll be able to get a T-128 next week instead of next month. That's nice to know :D
Pretty much nothing can beat listening to Danny Harmon's railfanning videos while hunting for railroad signals in the middle of nowhere Ohio.
- Johnathan “JP” D.

carexpertandy

Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:36 pm

JPPow357 wrote:
Earlier today I got a 2001-SRN in Covington KY, and now I'll be able to get a T-128 next week instead of next month. That's nice to know :D
Just keep in mind that it will only be a growl test and not a full alert activation.

JPPow357
YouTube Username: koisignals

Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:48 pm

carexpertandy wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:36 pm
JPPow357 wrote:
Just keep in mind that it will only be a growl test and not a full alert activation.
Oh... Well there still is next month I guess
Pretty much nothing can beat listening to Danny Harmon's railfanning videos while hunting for railroad signals in the middle of nowhere Ohio.
- Johnathan “JP” D.

Return to “Community Systems”