Pete

Pull Station Lightswitch

Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:53 am

This is not my video...but a kind of cool idea!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dMw4J63ZEk

dilloncarpenter

Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:16 am

I've thought about doing this once. I don't have an Edwards though. :?
Kicking it in the siren party since '08

3t22
YouTube Username: federal3t22

Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:56 pm

it would be easy enough to do with any pull station rated for 110VAC. I thought about wiring one of my Simplex 4251-20 T handles as my bedroom light switch when I lived with my parents sense they have a push button in them, and the handle is spring loaded.

But the thought of having to reset the pull every time I want to turn the light off, modfying/replacing the lock, or as the guy in the video did on the Edwards 270-SPO he used, modfying/replacing the switch so you can just puch the handle back up to turn the lights off, made me change my mind. In other words sheer lazyness stopped me :lol:

Now I can't modffy or "tamper" with any light switches without my landlord throwing a fit, and me out the door :roll:

very cool idea none the less. Something I'll try once I manage to buy a house down the road.
Proud owner of a 2T, 5, M-5, 1000 Head, 7T, 3T22, and a single toned 2

Matt
Administrator
Administrator

Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:29 pm

The reason I do not want to do this is because I don't want to have to reset it every time I want to turn off the lights. :/
videogamer
Matt Ullman

Johnhfarmer
New User

Re: Pull Station Lightswitch

Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:30 pm

I have a Harrington pull station that I have installed as a light switch. There are a lot of designs of pull stations but I believe this one and yours are identical. If you open the pull station you will notice that it has a notch in the backside of the t handle that allows the switch to stay depressed until the handle is lowered. However the notch prevents the handle from being raised to pres the switch back turning the light off. However if you will remove that metal and make it flush then round off the outer edge, it will allow the t handle to be pushed back up and turn the light off. I know this is an old post and I hope it's not a problem bringing this post back up. Feel free to email me and I'll send pictures and a video of how it works. [email protected]

Return to “Other Warning Systems - Indoor, Outdoor and Vehicular”