Rheems1

Train Horns on a Fire Truck

Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:34 am

Back on the old board, Adam has posted a thread of this name. It was talking about the Walkersville Rescue truck... I never got to post the link to this video becuase I kept forgetting. If you go here http://pumpfire.com/wst_page9.html and scroll down to the "Maytown, Pa Rescue Squad 7-9 Response" video... that is the next fire department down from mine and they have train horns on that piece. Not sure what kind they are supposed to sound like as I don't know train horns, but you can hear them quite well in this video. Sooo, if anybody knows what it is supposed to sound like... or just wants to comment on the video. Feel free!

If you look closely at the front bumper in this picture, you can see the horns under the bumper.

Dave Fritz

quiksmith10

Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:09 am

Wow, good gosh!! I'm sure everybody on that town square was awake after that. He has the good old Federal Q, Powercall, air horn, a couple others sirens, and finally the train horns. It seems like the operator knew it was going to be filmed. On the upside, the engine is a real traffic clearer when it comes to high traffic situations. Nice looking truck. I'm wondering about the last video on that site though. It seems like a whole convoy of trucks going to some emergency. Maybe a forest fire of some sort?
Brandon Smith

Rheems1

Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:19 am

LOL, naw.. the operator didn't know he was going to be filmed... that was just standard Maytown response. They are a good bunch of guys, a little bit on the wackerish side... but a good bunch of guys all the same. The last clip on that page is riding along with Engine 5-7-2 from Quarryville right here in Amish Country. It was a barn fire that turned into nothing, you see Quarryville is blessed with manpower... so they can dump pieces back to back to back like that. It is not an uncommon sight to see 2 or 3 pieces in a row from them on a roadway. Once again, good manpower... if you have ever seen "Field of Dreams"... the people coming out of the corn.. that is Quarryville Fire Department when a call comes in. :)

PUMP
New User

Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:01 am

Hey whats up! This is my first post here as I just found out about the site looking at my statcounter from my site...

Just a quick fix to Rheems1 post about the Engine 57-2 clip on my site...
That was during a Housing Parade for Rescue-Engine 59-1 of Refton, PA. I guess somewhere along the line they asked everyone to make as much noise as they could for about 2 miles through amish country. If you look close thats Engine 512-1(Willow Street) in the front of ENG. 572.

But I will agree strongly with one thing Rheems1 said... Quarryville Volunteer FD is very strong membership wise and its never rare to see 2-3 pieces of appartaus back to back...

Here are more Video clips from that parade in Lancaster County, PA

CLIP 2
http://www.vidiLife.com/index.cfm?f=med ... 046-83D1-B

CLIP 3
http://www.vidiLife.com/index.cfm?f=med ... 274-B383-9

Enjoy!
PUMP
FTM-PTB-EGH-RFB-KTF-DTRT
WWW.PUMPFIRE.COM

Rheems1

Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:12 pm

Well I'll be darned... I thought for sure that was the barn fire.... heck it evens looks like Scotland Rd in Eden Township. Ohh well, my bad.. sorry guys.

quiksmith10

Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:38 pm

Great video's there Pump. Thats a heck of a lot of apparataus there in that parade. BTW, nice montage of your department.
Brandon Smith

loudmouth

Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:00 pm

its odd how these small towns have trucks with more light and sirens and horns then the bigger city fire dept. our town has 3 fire depts and 2 which are vollenter and we could use a truck with that many horns on it.
once i get better and get my truck back ill see if i can capture some video of our trucks or at least get some pics

i found this video a while back its got a good view of how a ride along should be like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttHHjudq7fs

this is realy cool

Rheems1

Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:45 pm

The reason why vollie departments have more lights ect on them is that the vollies pay for them instead of the city paying for them. Cities want to do everything the cheapest way possible... so they buy the basic light packages.... for them it is fuction over form. The vollies are the wackers, they want as many lights as they can safely run off the battery. Same goes for sirens, on our ladder truck we have a Powercall (the orignal.. not the new DX5) and a Federal Interceptor that came out of our old Snorkel.

Dave

Whelen Rules

Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:50 pm

I love the FS Q siren, notice how it overpowers the electronic sirens. its sweet
Tyler Lund

q2bman

Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:19 pm

:evil:

Good grief! I can't seem to do anything to open those videos. Any sugestions???? I just get a stupid Q with a question mark.

Return to “Other Warning Systems - Indoor, Outdoor and Vehicular”