Captain Chaos
New User

Federal Sign & Signal Corporation Model 20 Questions

Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:52 pm

Dear All:

I recently purchased the above horn on an eBay auction, and as there have been different horns with the same Model Number along with several companies close to Federal Sign & Signal, I've been rather unlucky digging up information on it, other than I believe it to be a military surplus horn (or copy) of the classic submarine "AWOOOGAH".

While it works, there's several things I'd like to do to it, including 1) replacing the old and frayed cloth wire leads that are currently sticking out of the threaded conduit hole, 2) putting it in an enclosure and 3)wiring up a 110 V switch for operation. To that end, is there a resource for spec sheets and a wiring diagram? While I was able to remove the bolts around the exterior horn enclosure, the cover did not want to come off, and so I just put them back on until I could gather more information.

Attached are pictures of the the mfg. plate.

Thanks for your time.

--CC
Attachments
Plate.jpg
Plate.jpg (81.34 KiB) Viewed 3088 times

Captain Chaos
New User

Re: Federal Sign & Signal Corporation Model 20 Questions

Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:22 am

An update from Federal Signal: they were able to send me a few scattered catalog sheets which people might like to peruse, but no wiring diagrams or maintenance manuals.
Attachments
Model 20.jpg
Model 20.jpg (206.22 KiB) Viewed 3042 times

Return to “Other Warning Systems - Indoor, Outdoor and Vehicular”