siren_face2000

Favorite tones on emergency vehicles - dual or single tone?

Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:54 am

What are your favorite tones on emergency vehicles? I think a dual toned siren with hi-lo and super fast wail would definitely catch my attention. I rarely hear the Hi Lo siren in Aberdeen, SD, but when I do, it's a treat. What are your favorite tones, and do you prefer single or dual tone systems?

JasonC
Administrator
Administrator
YouTube Username: Jsncrso

Re: Favorite tones on emergency vehicles - dual or single tone?

Sat May 02, 2020 11:40 pm

Hi-lo (American electronic, not Euro) is my favorite siren tone. The StarSignal Vehicle Products has the best hi-lo tone and Whelen has the worst. I like Code 3's hi-lo tone as well as the older FS PA300 hi-lo tones. Carson sirens have very deep hi-lo tones.

siren_face2000

Sun May 03, 2020 12:34 am

I rarely hear Hi-Lo on any of the sirens that Aberdeen, SD's emergency vehicles use, but I love the fact that I live close to the main fire department in downtown Aberdeen. Almost every time there's some sort of call, I can see & hear part of the action right from the comfort of my own living room window! What really gets me going is how many emergency vehicles I see in one run, especially the police! The more emergency vehicles, the more interesting things get!

JasonC
Administrator
Administrator
YouTube Username: Jsncrso

Sun May 03, 2020 2:30 am

siren_face2000 wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 12:34 am
I rarely hear Hi-Lo on any of the sirens that Aberdeen, SD's emergency vehicles use, but I love the fact that I live close to the main fire department in downtown Aberdeen. Almost every time there's some sort of call, I can see & hear part of the action right from the comfort of my own living room window! What really gets me going is how many emergency vehicles I see in one run, especially the police! The more emergency vehicles, the more interesting things get!
It's fun! Back when I was a volunteer firefighter, my favorite part of a call was sitting in the officers seat blasting all of the horns and sirens :D

siren_face2000

Sun May 03, 2020 2:42 am

Once within the last 2-3 months I had seen not 1, not 2, not even 3 police vehicles going to an emergency, there were 5 of them, and I even saw a SWAT vehicle being used as well at some point last year I believe.

Synther
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
YouTube Username: UtahSirens

Sun May 03, 2020 2:51 am

My favorite tone is the "Thunder" tone which comes with some Galls Street Thunder sirens. Other then that, I really like the hi-lo on the Federal Signal Touchmaster Delta.

(Skip to 0:28)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9JUMfxIOtg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXsQt72dj8s
State of Utah siren map - My channel
STH-10, SD-10, 2 Model 2s

Return to “Other Warning Systems - Indoor, Outdoor and Vehicular”