Chad

Sun May 21, 2006 4:20 pm

dukepeace wrote:I Think that is standard with most home security systems isnt it? That is ours is set up to do as well.
It is quickly becoming the standard, but I have seen many houses that do not connect their fire alarm system into their sercurity system.

NanSiren

Thu May 25, 2006 11:54 pm

Interest? Definitely. Collection? Try 225 of 'em!!!! :D

And, the NRC says that it would take over 10,000 ion smoke detectors to make a dirty bomb.! :shock:

To Fed T-bolt 1000
What does the "other unknown model" look like? A good description is key here, picture preferred.

scooterbugs25

Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:53 am

NanSiren wrote:Interest? Definitely. Collection? Try 225 of 'em!!!! :D

And, the NRC says that it would take over 10,000 ion smoke detectors to make a dirty bomb.! :shock:

To Fed T-bolt 1000
What does the "other unknown model" look like? A good description is key here, picture preferred.
you have 225 Smoke alarms?? WOW I thought the box i had was a bit much..lol
What type do you have?

High Low Boy 2

Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:03 pm

in our apt we have the smoke detectors + 2 pull stations + 3 FCI alarms in the hallways + 1 heat detector in the laundry room.

in our individual apt the only component that is connected to da fire alarm 5ystem is on lone heat dectector.
in each apt there is three smoke detectors that are connected to each other so when one goes off they all go off but in the heat detector hasn't set the alarm off you do.

Sirenfanatic0023

Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:24 pm

[quote="High Low Boy 2"]in our apt we have the smoke detectors + 2 pull stations + 3 FCI alarms in the hallways + 1 heat detector in the laundry room.

Heat detector? I've heard of Smoke detectors, but what exactly is the purpose of a heat detector?
Is this really what it sounds like?

Trey
YouTube Username: SD10s4ever

Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:00 pm

A heat detector's purpose is its name. It detects heat in a place where smoke might be pulled somewhere else such as an air duct. However System Sensor has "air duct detectors". Heat detectors are commonly found in smoke detectors now, though they are hard to spot.
They are also used in places like garages, kitchens, places with the potential for false alarms in a traditional smoke alarm.
Last edited by Trey on Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Trey
YouTube Username: SD10s4ever

Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:04 pm

NanSiren wrote:To Fed T-bolt 1000
I got them when I was four years old...but let me check.
EDIT: Found model number.
RC Industries, 9100.
And get the date! MFGR. Dec 29 1987 Assembled in Mexico. :shock:

High Low Boy 2

Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:45 pm

The heat detector is supposidly designed for warehouses were it aint heated in the winter, if a fire broke out they would trigger an alarm the ones in my place say

"HEAT DETECTOR
NOT A LIFE SAVING DEVICE"

but they are in the apt around here

Elliott

Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:03 am

Touching on the subject of radioactivity, there is a small amount of material in the mantles of camping lanterns ( Primarily Coleman brand, and I believe it is Thorium). Supposedly the newer Aladdin brand does not. Anywho, a generic lightning detector can be built with the burnt mantle material. Check this out:

http://www.matchrockets.com/earth/lightning.html
Elliott, A.K.A. KD8FOV, and Sirenzrok on Youtube

Return to “Other Warning Systems - Indoor, Outdoor and Vehicular”