3t22
YouTube Username: federal3t22

VT Yankee's final siren test

Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:33 pm

I hope this is the right section for this, I apologize if it's not. This is for anyone living in or near New England: It's no secret that the VT Yankee nuclear plant in Vernon VT (not to be confused with Vernon CT :lol: ) was going to be decommissioned, well that happened at the end of last year. Now the plant has asked the NRC for permission to stand down it's emergency planning in April but has yet to get permission, so the sirens (T-128s) will sound most likely for the last time this Saturday at noon for 3 minutes. I am planning on making a trip up to one of the T-128s to grab a video as I have never heard one in person, and I'm only an easy 1 1/2 hour drive away. As for what will happen to the T-128s, it's unknown at the moment, but I assume they'll be removed. I have e-mailed a contact to see if he''ll have anything to do with the removal.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/nation ... _last_time

Also Pilgrim Nuclear in MA (Mods) maybe closing too. I'll find out more about that when I get to work and have time to read the Hartford Courant (there was an article on the front page). This will leave Seabrook in Seabrook, NH (4008s and 3016s with 2030 logicboard upgrades), and Millstone in Waterford CT (81 2910s) as the only 2 operating nuclear plant left in New England.

Also anyone have a map of locations? I only know of one.
Last edited by 3t22 on Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proud owner of a 2T, 5, M-5, 1000 Head, 7T, 3T22, and a single toned 2

PeachtreeSirens
YouTube Username: PeachtreeSirens

Re: VT Yankee's final siren test

Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:14 pm

NMH's site says that their sirens are part of the VT Yankee system, but can be activated locally by the safety office as well. I would expect them to stay...and test Saturday, as well.

I did manage to find one of them.
Don't wait. Take a siren photo today.
I was VASirens, but I moved.Check out IRC!
Proud owner of a frozen Model A, a Darley Champion "L", an Ademco 12V beehive, a few horns, a brass whistle and several old weather radios that sound like sirens. Those last three count, right?

Rheems1

Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:41 pm

There is also one at the Northfield, Mass Fire Department, they used to have a yellow STH-10 there which was mounted on a mount that looks suspiciously like a Thunderbolt mounting set up, The STH-10 and platform was later taken down and just the T-128 remained.

Valra Bellkeys
YouTube Username: Valra Bellkeys
Discord: Valra Bellkeys#0164

Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:37 pm

"Easy 1 1/2 hour drive.. Lol. But it is sad :C Well, shouldn't they at least continue using the sirens, in case something happens with the used Nuclear fuel..?

Here is a video I found of the siren pictured above... and if you read the description, it says the STH-10 replaced a T-BOLT 1003.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GN9NW7R6W70
I own: One complete SiraTone, another SiraTone control module, a 1600W MC, 2 old ATI controllers, 2 round ATI horns with drivers, a ATI-DSA 4 thing, a Federal Signal FC, AR timer and Siratrol, and a small CD&F.

3t22
YouTube Username: federal3t22

Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:12 am

Rheems1 wrote:There is also one at the Northfield, Mass Fire Department, they used to have a yellow STH-10 there which was mounted on a mount that looks suspiciously like a Thunderbolt mounting set up, The STH-10 and platform was later taken down and just the T-128 remained.

Dave thank you, It looks like I found my siren recording location as I see a few nice spots to set up hopefully without causing an issue.

Also I got to read that article about the Pilgrim plant, it will be closing in 2019.

EDIT: anyone know the siren activation frequency?
Proud owner of a 2T, 5, M-5, 1000 Head, 7T, 3T22, and a single toned 2

Trey
YouTube Username: SD10s4ever

Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:52 am

Don't expect to get a reply from Entergy. I sent them an inquisitive email after learning the fate of Fitzpatrick and Pilgrim. I never got a response. I believe Entergy will shut down all nuclear plants in the Northeast.

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”