freebrickproductions
YouTube Username: freebrickproductions

1-9-19 Sewage Plant Sentry 40v1t Siren Short Alert Test, Huntsville, AL

Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:34 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rAQb6hkO2Q

Would've gone out last week for the siren test, but the weather was bad so the county delayed it to this week. Fortunately, not only was I off work at the time of the test this week, but the weather was much better! As such, I got going shortly after 11am and set-up here with about 15 minutes before the test.
Unfortunately, the wind was blowing pretty hard from my north (the direction the siren was), which caused the video to be a bit shaky, though the audio is still rather good, which is the important part! The reason why the siren was chosen to be single tone was that they wanted better penetration through the trees, if I recall what Scott said correctly. The siren wasn't too loud for me, even with the wind blowing from the siren to my camera, though that might've been due to the fact I was set-up a good distance back in an empty field across the street from the sewage plant the siren's located in. In fact, doing some guesstimation (using Google Maps), I was around 875 feet back from the siren. The test itself was a pretty typical Madison County short alert test, but I'm glad to have been able to record this siren! In fact, I'm certain this is the first video of a 40v1t on YouTube!

No siren's been installed at the old Grissom High School yet, but I'll try to see about getting a video of the installation when it is installed. If possible, I'll see about recording the 14v that was also installed in Huntsville at the end of last year in February.

Madison County, AL tests on the 1st Wednesday of every month at noon, weather permitting. If the test isn't able to be conducted on the 1st Wednesday, it's then delayed to the 2nd Wednesday of the month at noon, weather permitting.

Madison County, AL Siren Map:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LIKGe ... sp=sharing
Collector of railroad crossing equipment, traffic lights, and fans.
I'm 20 years old and a Huntsville, AL native.

Friends don't let friends post videos with tones.

Snowcube
YouTube Username: Snowcube
Discord: lumex

Re: 1-9-19 Sewage Plant Sentry 40v1t Siren Short Alert Test, Huntsville, AL

Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:25 am

Finally, a recording of a 40V1T! I have been waiting to see this for years. I definitely like the way this sounds over the 40V2T. It just has a really ominous sound that makes you feel like something bad is going to happen. I'd just like to see a 15/15 port version now.
I have an unhealthy obsession with mini sirens.
Thingiverse page

Return to “Videos and Media”