Stag
YouTube Username: Spaghetti Jay

Whelen 2901 Warning Light Water Siren?

Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:09 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xET0roB4kg

I happened upon this just now browsing youtube. It's amazing! Don't know if anyone else has seen this? I've never heard of a whelen lightning Water siren system, but I love the idea.
Especially the usage of the lights there, very creative and helpful. How common are systems like this?

Edit: Mistook the title for being a lightning siren, it's a water siren that utilizes visual lighting as part of the alert
Last edited by Stag on Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sincerely yours, a weird siren obsessed deer 🦌

WPS4004Man

Re: Whelen 2901 Lightning Siren?

Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:29 pm

That is one cool Whelen. I'm pretty sure the title was wrong since the voice messages were about water levels, making it a water siren. Is that thing in between the cell used to make the siren uni-directional?
Sentry rules, ATI's are for fools.

Living in Central Ohio, the Whelen capital of the country.

Stag
YouTube Username: Spaghetti Jay

Re: Whelen 2901 Lightning Siren?

Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:09 am

WPS4004Man wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:29 pm
That is one cool Whelen. I'm pretty sure the title was wrong since the voice messages were about water levels, making it a water siren. Is that thing in between the cell used to make the siren uni-directional?
Oh whoops, you're right! I misread the title actually, it says Audio Lighting, not Lightning haha. my bad! It's a water siren, which is even cooler since I was unaware they even existed. I'm not sure what that thing between the cells is, I was wondering that myself
sincerely yours, a weird siren obsessed deer 🦌

Valra Bellkeys
YouTube Username: Valra Bellkeys
Discord: Valra Bellkeys#0164

Re: Whelen 2901 Warning Light Water Siren?

Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:40 am

Oh! I have seen this before. I wonder if it uses the standard Whelen controller, or any element of it. I'm not sure if Whelen controller's can be set up to do things like this, but perhaps it is far enough ahead.
I own: One complete SiraTone, another SiraTone control module, a 1600W MC, 2 old ATI controllers, 2 round ATI horns with drivers, a ATI-DSA 4 thing, a Federal Signal FC, AR timer and Siratrol, and a small CD&F.

Return to “Other Warning Systems - Indoor, Outdoor and Vehicular”