nvanw27
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
YouTube Username: 301.3 Productions
Discord: nottimwakefield

Re: Cincinnati Metropolitan Area Sirens

Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:14 pm

Clermont essentially has 2 systems - one that activates on two-tone, and one that activates on ASC FSK. What you were hearing was likely the two-tone system activating before the FSK system, as they usually delay the two systems by a little bit.
-Nik VW
3.6 roentgen - Not Great, not terrible.

mrboojay
YouTube Username: mrboojay13
Discord: mrboojay

Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:46 am

Oldiesmann wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:14 pm
Found an STH-10 in Burlington earlier. Am I correct in assuming it's inactive? It's on Washington Street behind the Baptist church
Didn’t know you were in my town. :). But yes that sirens been inactive for years. It’s sits on the property of a repair shop that used to be the fire station. I tried to record it years ago to no avail, and I haven’t heard it since. Not on the County’s map either. It’s fun to look at when I drive by it though. And I drive by it daily. :P
Proud owner of a 1986 Thunderbeam RSH-10B (Blown) and a 1954 Thunderbolt 1000A. (With 4/5)
flickr
YouTube

carexpertandy
YouTube Username: carexpertandy

Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:35 pm

Hamilton County’s test is postponed until next Wednesday with the snow we have. As usual, it will only be a growl test.

EDIT: Warren County cancelled as well, but are waiting until January for the next test.
Resident of a county with big a mixture of sirens, but in the process of being replaced. :(

nvanw27
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:25 pm

Clermont County cancelled too. Several enthusiasts were at various locations around the county.
-Nik VW

mrboojay
YouTube Username: mrboojay13
Discord: mrboojay

Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:37 pm

I was one of those out and about and I can say they indeed did not test. Apparently is a word from the EMA is it was too cold and they had equipment problems.

Of course however my county (Boone) did, so should have stayed home :P
Proud owner of a 1986 Thunderbeam RSH-10B (Blown) and a 1954 Thunderbolt 1000A. (With 4/5)
flickr
YouTube

Ohio_Man
YouTube Username: Billstern

Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:25 pm

I didn't go out because of the lack of vehicle, but I can get a good ambience from my house. Failing that there's a 128 across from my work
21 Y.O. Student welder.

"This is my step van. I never knew my real van."

fire_freak_57
YouTube Username: sirenfreak57
Discord: firefreak57#0781

Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:10 pm

Butler County cancelled as well.
Unfortunately I was not aware that the temperature policy for those counties (I was in Clermont today) was an issue so I did not call ahead to ask if the test was going to go forward prior to making the hour drive there. If the temperature and weather cooperates next month I might try again. Didn't know they cancel if there's snow, I thought as long as it was above 32 (my weather app read 36 but not sure if they count in windchill or not) that the test would happen unless there was a storm or emergency or something.
sirenfreak57
Owner of a Allertor 125 Control Cabinet, EOWS Driver, and other odds and ends.
My YouTube Channel | Summit County Siren Map | Cuyahoga County Siren Map

tkovack1

YouTube Username: Tommy's Sirens & Aviation

Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:50 am

Yep, Clermont County canceled today. I was at the P-15 on Locust Corner Road along with some other enthusiasts. My parents live in Central Ohio (Columbus area) so I drove four hours round trip for nothing. But wow, didn't know the other three counties in the Cincy area cancelled their tests today as well. Dang. I guess from here on out we need to avoid the Cincy area on first Wednesday during the winter months, lol. I thought about doing Wyandot-Ashland today instead but ended up deciding to do Clermont. I'll definitely be doing Wyandot-Ashland next month though.

Josh R
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
YouTube Username: SWOhioSirens

Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:10 pm

Well, for some reason Hamilton County cancelled their test today. I drove all the way down to Anderson Township to see if their Bolt would still activate along with their T-128. Sadly when noon rolled around, none of the sirens activated and I checked the EMA's Facebook page and it said they cancelled the test for today. :( I did get to hear Clermont County's ambience of Thunderbolts and a (Penetrator?) from that location. I wish I would have seen the EMA's cancellation notice earlier and headed over to see a Clermont County Thunderbolt test. I really wonder why Hamilton County decided to cancel their test today? I'm bummed because I drove nearly an hour there and back. Does anyone happen to know for sure if the Thunderbolt atop Anderson Township Fire Department on Beechmont still works or not?
Josh Reed
Moderator of The Siren Board
23, Ohio

Owner of a Federal Thunderbolt 1000BT, an AR Timer, and a gray 12 volt siren.

My YouTube Channel

nvanw27
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:27 pm

A bunch of enthusiasts recorded Jenny Lind Road's Thunderbolt in Clermont today.

As I Recall, Anderson Township's Thunderbolt has been disconnected for a while.
-Nik VW

Return to “Community Systems”