OrnAlert

Who is obsessed with fire alarms?

Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:18 pm

Here is a fire alarm board (Beside the schuminweb)

www.firealarmforums.com

I am asking you this because there aren't enough members and firealarmforums is on the verge of shutting down for good if no one registers.
Leaving Forever. I blew it big time.

JasonC
Administrator
Administrator
YouTube Username: Jsncrso

Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:27 pm

There's wayyyy to many forums there. Only when you have a lot of people posting is when you should start splitting up forums. If you split the forums up, you loose the "central connecting force" that lets everyone have conversation in one area.

mgear

Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:27 pm

Ok i joined im getting a 350 soon and maybe some more because our theater is getting torn down for the parking lot of the new one.
Sean Matt

Daniel

Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:20 pm

I used to like fire alarms when I was in school and we used Model A sirens and Vibratone horns. Now that buildings are installing those obnoxious, high-pitched things that sound like smoke alarms or athletic whistles, I can't stand the sound of them.
Lex orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.

CABLEVision

Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:25 am

I have a resonating horn, if you don't consider that a basketball horn.
The Cal Trimmer, by Eastman industries

3t22
YouTube Username: federal3t22

Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:38 am

CABLEVision wrote:I have a resonating horn, if you don't consider that a basketball horn.
I don't. I have one, and love it. This is one of about 63 various alarm components I have. These include AC vibratory horns, the 120VAC Federal 55 resonating horn mentioned, AC incandescent light plate, DC electric horns, DC electric horn/strobes, 2 DC incandescent light plates, DC electronic horn/strobes, pull stations (with reset keys), DC system smoke detectors, fire alarm speaker, DC strobe plate, DC remote strobe, distributed power module, and a Fire Alarm Control Panel. I also have 4 sprinkler heads, one has been discharged by me, and one is still attached to it's pipe. And yes, I've tested everything in my collection, and they all work very well.

Robert Gift

Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:07 pm

Any pictures of your collection 3t22?
What is "Incandescent light plate"?
How did YOU discharge that one sprinkler head?
Thank you,

3t22
YouTube Username: federal3t22

Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:10 pm

Robert Gift wrote:Any pictures of your collection 3t22?
What is "Incandescent light plate"?
How did YOU discharge that one sprinkler head?
Thank you,
I've got plenty of pics of my collection and actual instals I've posted on my photobucket account as well as pics of my entire siren collection, including the P-15 http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y169/w ... nalmuseme/, NOTE: the yellow 5 on the pole is not mine, it's one of Vernon's 5 sirens. And plenty of videos on my youtube account http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Federal3t22. an incandescent light plate is a plate that uses small light bulb instead of a strobe light. Here's 2 videos of my Simplex time recorder (now simplexgrinnel) 2903 light plates with horns.

this is a 120VAC 2903 with a 4050 vibratory horn http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdqlusfT028 I stuck the wires from the light plate and horn, into one end of an extention cord (before I plugged it in).

This is a 24VDC 2903 with a 2901-9806 (relabled Vibratone 450) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lew9nUPiFPs I used the 2 12VDC lead acid batteries from my old Simplex 4001 fire alarm control panel to power it (I now have a Fire-Lite MS-4424B). I now use the battery leads to my Silent Knight 5395 distributed power module, which puts out 24VDC to power my 24VDC alarms.

I also have a 24VDC Space Age Electronic AV-32 light plate with a red lens seen here powered. http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y169/w ... IM2946.jpg

for comparison here's the most common set up seen, a horn/strobe.

This is a Simplex 4903-9219 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8XCBaReUq4 If your sensitive to strobes flashing please watch with caution. sadly the horn died in this alarm a few months ago :( (the strobe still works)

As for how I discharged the sprinkler head, I didn't put a lighter up to it because I didn't want glass going everywhere (it contained a glass tube). I placed it in a bag and tapped on it with a screw driver. The other 3 I left intact. I wanted to have one dischared so I could have a little "fun" with it (if you've never seen one in action, they spread water an every direction).

Robert Gift

Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:27 pm

3t22 wrote:...As for how I discharged the sprinkler head, .. I wanted to have one dischared so I could have a little "fun" with it (if you've never seen one in action, they spread water an every direction).
Thank you so much 3t.
Oh yes.
As a firefighter, I have "wedged" open sprinklers to stop their water flow.
Even in full bunker gear I got quite wet.
We don't turn off the water in case other sprinklers are putting wet stuff on the red stuff, or if they may activate.
I used a lighter to make a fusable link sprinkler head open.

Return to “Other Warning Systems - Indoor, Outdoor and Vehicular”