PugetSoundStormWatch
YouTube Username: MiltonWATech99

Modulator Chime & Voice Ambiance

Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:36 am

Hey all! Long time no see!

In August of 2020, Pierce County, WA replaced their 2001-130s with Modulator 8032-Bs and transitioned from a wail signal to a chime+voice combo each month. The sirens do 3x chimes and 2x voice in English and Spanish. Surprisingly, due to snow being on the ground along with the wind coming out of the southwest, the Modulators could be heard clear as day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOQrjWFL91Q
22-year-old Seattle native. Green River College.
I like DJ equipment, Weather Radios (23 in my collection), Fire Alarms, and Sirens.
Future Meteorologist! Go Hawks!

nvanw27
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
YouTube Username: 301.3 Productions
Discord: nottimwakefield

Re: Modulator Chime & Voice Ambiance

Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:52 am

Do they test the wail signal at all anymore, or has it been replaced fully by the chime/voice combo? And are there any non-Modulator sirens on the system anymore?
-Nik VW
3.6 roentgen - Not Great, not terrible.

Bijay
YouTube Username: 5ijay

Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:40 pm

nvanw27 wrote:
Do they test the wail signal at all anymore, or has it been replaced fully by the chime/voice combo? And are there any non-Modulator sirens on the system anymore?
No, they plan on using the wail signal solely for emergencies. There still is one more non-Modulator siren which is located at the Washington State Fair in Puyallup. It, of course, was replaced but never removed.
Holler!
Bijay/chefiBG
Your unlocal PNW resident!

Email : [email protected]

PugetSoundStormWatch
YouTube Username: MiltonWATech99

Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:15 am

Bijay wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:40 pm
nvanw27 wrote:
No, they plan on using the wail signal solely for emergencies. There still is one more non-Modulator siren which is located at the Washington State Fair in Puyallup. It, of course, was replaced but never removed.
Rumor has it they test wail in October, but that didn’t happen. I then thought they would’ve tested it during the Earthquake and Tsunami drill, but not a peep. All other non-Modulator sirens still standing are inactive. This includes the Whelen 3016 on the Puyallup Fair, the Fedelcode Model 5 on the Puyallup Police Station, and a Model 2 on Orting City Hall.
22-year-old Seattle native. Green River College.
I like DJ equipment, Weather Radios (23 in my collection), Fire Alarms, and Sirens.
Future Meteorologist! Go Hawks!

Return to “Videos and Media”