Ziginox

Re: NOAA weather radio test... at 0:45?!

Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:37 am

SilverThunder710YT wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:34 am
Hold up for a second though, was it a Required WEEKLY Test or a Required MONTHLY Test?
Whoops, I meant monthly, sorry! I haven't had a living space where I can actually receive the weather radio broadcasts for a while, so I completely forgot how frequent they were.

SilverThunder710YT
YouTube Username: SilverThunder710

Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:11 am

Ziginox wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:37 am
SilverThunder710YT wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:34 am
Hold up for a second though, was it a Required WEEKLY Test or a Required MONTHLY Test?
Whoops, I meant monthly, sorry! I haven't had a living space where I can actually receive the weather radio broadcasts for a while, so I completely forgot how frequent they were.
Yeah, considering that info I think it's just the testing schedule.
Siren geek from South Texas. Although I've loved sirens for years, I've only recently begun digging into the rich history of civil defense. I also proudly own at least thirty weather band radios.

championsiren
YouTube Username: Position Light Productions
Discord: Same as my YT #6187

Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:11 pm

i had something similar happen a couple days ago. a PA weekly test came on my TV a couple days ago at like 6:30 pm. i was very confused, because I live in harford county, MD...
also, last week I didn't get a test for my state. i don't know what mt. holly is on, but they really need to get their crap together.
"Someday soon we'll stop to ponder what on earth's this spell we're under...
We made the grade and still we wonder who the hell we are..."
-Styx, from The Grand Illusion

StormanCharlie
YouTube Username: Same as username

Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:02 pm

Ziginox wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:51 am
A few minutes ago my NOAA radio just went off for a statewide test at 12:45 AM. Anyone else had this happen before? The station here is WXL-33 on 162.55MHz by the way.
If it was a statewide test, then I would think that it would be fine. If the screen didn't show Required Monthly Test, then I would believe that it would be fine. Over here in SC, it seems that most tests are conducted in afternoon or night. If the screen read Required Weekly Test, then it must've been an error from your local NWS office.
16, and learning more every day

Ziginox

Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:22 am

StormanCharlie wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:02 pm
If it was a statewide test, then I would think that it would be fine. If the screen didn't show Required Monthly Test, then I would believe that it would be fine. Over here in SC, it seems that most tests are conducted in afternoon or night. If the screen read Required Weekly Test, then it must've been an error from your local NWS office.
Fine, in the middle of the night? As for what it said on the screen, ten years ago when I made the original post I didn't have a weather radio with any of that functionality, it was a rather basic unit.

Hacksaw

Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:29 pm

Last Sunday, there was an Amber Alert at 5:20 AM. This is the closest I've experienced to that. The abducted child & suspect were found later on.

Return to “Other Warning Systems - Indoor, Outdoor and Vehicular”